Help me fill in the blank

Oldschool280

I currently have centerfire rifles in 223, ,6mm, 6.5x55, 7-08, 280rem, 308,7.5 swiss,30-06, and 375h&h. What would you select to fill that long range horsepower void i have. 7mm stw? 300win? The 8mm rem mag is interesting. I reload and dont mind having to play around and form brass, i love that. Actually thats heaven. The sherman rigs sound cool. Ive been in contact with elkoholic regarding those.

You have many overlapping cartridges, I would go with a 338 that will send a 300 grainer to 2750fps or more..

We have all the components on hand to do a full custom 8mm-338 Lap imp. That would be with an 8" twist barrel. Just waiting for a customer to order it so I don't build it for me. :D

Steve

We have all the components on hand to do a full custom 8mm-338 Lap imp. That would be with an 8" twist barrel. Just waiting for a customer to order it so I don't build it for me. :D
See now that sounds incredible, what would something like that weigh? Needs long stick no?
Steve[/QUOTE

See now that sounds incredible, what would something like that weigh? Needs long stick no?
Steve[/QUOTE

With a 30" barrel I would expect it to come in about 10lbs or so without a scope. I would say that this rifle could still run well with a 28" barrel and only lose about 50-75fps compared to the 30" barrel. This would be a fun cartridge running our 221g Hammer Hunter 3300-3400fps

We have the dies and everything need for this rifle on hand. We have had the Defiance action on order since last spring and it should be coming in any time now.

Steve

It's a 375 length magnum case like a .300 weatherby or 8mm mag blown out to the belt, minimal body taper 35 degree shoulder.

My shooting and hunting friend who has been like a Grandfather and his friend came up with these cases in the 80's. They liked hot rodding guns and wanted more than was available with the brass of the day while still using a standard magnum bolt face and action. These were his ultra mags before ultra mags were available. I always get a big kick out of seeing the NB barrels in the rack and going through all the big reamers he played with. When you said were looking for a different magnum chambering and enjoyed forming cases I figured the non belted magnums fit perfectly. If nothing else it gave me an excuse to talk about something that I think is pretty cool and not many people know about.

My shooting and hunting friend who has been like a Grandfather and his friend came up with these cases in the 80's. They liked hot rodding guns and wanted more than was available with the brass of the day while still using a standard magnum bolt face and action. These were his ultra mags before ultra mags were available. I always get a big kick out of seeing the NB barrels in the rack and going through all the big reamers he played with. When you said were looking for a different magnum chambering and enjoyed forming cases I figured the non belted magnums fit perfectly. If nothing else it gave me an excuse to talk about something that I think is pretty cool and not many people know about.

Hell yea, got any pics?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.