Keep SAUM’s Alive

• Do you want SAUM Brass

Votes: 101 68.2%
  • Do you use SAUM Brass

Votes: 116 78.4%
  • Would you use SAUM Brass if Available

Votes: 105 70.9%

• Total voters
I do not have any of the 3, but I support anything that keeps things around and available. It's near impossible to find 35remington so I can feel the pain here with anyone struggling to find ammo or components of something they like to shoot.

Gday
Keep up on this line @HuntnPack as you sir are doing us all proud even though I don't own any of the saum family it's the way you are doing it that shows us the way forward & big picture which I tip my hat to you

Here's my 2 cents or rant on what's not only gone on here but many other threads

So here goes & apologies in advance if it's not welcome but I'm passionate on what I love so hope that makes sense on the following . & comes through that way

I can't empathise enough of how I'm seeing so much division between some with whatever agenda one has or their love for conflict that is ultimately dividing us as a group
Example copper vrs lead to personal ways one hunts & one chambering vrs another the list goes on

When we get that we splinter as a group & I'll take this saum as a example
If it does become even harder to source we will loose a certain amount of people to our sport & even if it's one it's to many

Now it's easy to say oh just go rebarrel to another chambering yes to some but that's not thinking about ALL of US !!! As a group as I've seen too many lost to the sport from exactly these type of things playing out so they get rid of the firearms & move to fishing or whatever that flows on most times to their kid's & next generation is ultimately gone

As if you add up the cost of a barrel rechamber new dies etc the cost to that person of a minimum of a thousand $ aussie they just can't justify the expense which I accept as that's their priority

Now that person lost might only buy a pkt of bullets / brass a year but it's gone & eventually the rot starts & eventually our pool shrinks & so on

Also a headstamp of the correct chambering lessons the risk of a new to the sport mixing up bullets or a muppet like me eg 7-08 brass was hard to source here for a while & easy to use 308 cases but what happens when you have a 7-08&308 & someone grabs a308 by mistake you've got a potential time bomb if it's headstamp is correct & stick to that it's one cross reference that helps stop it from occurring .
Wont stop it 100% but man it's a great visual that's why I've never mixed brass of different headstamp s& touch wood I've never had a bad outcome but I know of a few that have now & lucky no one has died or serious injuries

So I don't care who shoots what we are all one in my book just sick & tired of the division that seems to exist around here compared to my home forum but I'd love the day the band together could be seen here 🤞but I also understand some people just seem grumpy whatever is put up

For you Americans Bertrum brass does 7&300 saum just don't know if the importer brings them in
& it may not be upto one's standard for whatever reason the dislike of Bertrum but for me I'm proud of a aussie who provides a lot of nearly lost chamberings & that keeps so many in the industry & another great Aussie that was not coming back after their factory fire was woodleigh bullets but Geoff through the overwhelming requests like on this thread has started business again & us as a group have a bigger pool of availability & one that keeps more of us interested in our sport & those campfire discussions going & I love campfires

Hope that all makes sense & please let's band together not divide

Probably 50 cents worth now lol from this side of the ditch & I hope the saum lives on 😎
Keep plugging away guys
For most part this has been a awesome thread
Cheers

Another way you can show your support & interest is by going on to the Remington links below & sign up for notifications on when brass becomes available. No purchase necessary!!

Thank you.

For those of you that may be members on other forums you can show your support of the SAUM's
by using the Links below & posting there.

Thank you.
HP.

Reaching out here a bit, but if all of the people listed below could kindly show your support to
Brass manufacturers of the SAUM's via e-mail.
It'd be appreciated.

Show your support of the shooting community by
Posting a positive comment to this thread & or
By voting. (You can vote for more than one).

Guest can sign up for membership and participate as well.

Robots, 🤔

Members online:
Total: 1,471 (members: 197, guests: 1,274)
Robots: 596

Forum statistics:
Members 120,838

Thank You,

HP

Last edited:
A couple things need to Happen.
Supply & Demand. Each Drives the other.

Also people need to know what the SAUM is & how it performs to consider it as an option for their use.

Part of that consideration is going to be able to get components readily.

More people using the SAUM's could help by promoting why & how they like it & how well they perform.

My interest in starting this thread is to show interest & show Manufacturing that there is Demand.

Also to raise awareness that we need to be vocal.

Thank you.
HP.

7mm and 300 SAUM fan here. I'd like to see 300 SAUM head stamped brass available from ADG and/or Peterson. I e-mailed ADG a while back and asked if they had any plans to produce 300 SAUM brass, I have since deleted that e-mail, but they basically replied no, not at this time.

Shot my Saum today, checking for a little more velocity..

180 hybrids, adg brass RL23 and cci250s all 5 shot groups. Pic below is 59.2. Loads 59.2-59.5-59.8 all shot similar groups and es on 59.2 was 5.8, 59.5 was 8.6 and 59.8 was 4.7. So pretty happy with it all. But that's the Saum for ya! This ones build by Travis over at TS CUSTOMS on a BAT vampire and it's now wearing a tbac ultra 5
IMG_2502.jpeg
IMG_0501.jpeg

Guys I started a piggy back thread I would like you to consider posting to as well.

This is to help inform people more about the SAUM with pics and positive testimonials,

Thank You.
HP.

I Appreciate everyone's support here.
It's really important to continue the effort in
supporting the SAUM.

Please encourage others to participate.

I will continue to periodically get this in front
of manufacturers.

Thank You.
HP.