Help - best Backcountry wall tent?

I too endorse wyosteve's recommendation to avoid getting the floor. In winter weather you can track all the mud and snow possible into a tent with no floor and in short order the wood burning stove will have that mess perfectly dry and no problem. I use a 6 to 8 foot carpet runner beside the cot which is easily shaken clean daily and as far as having the tent air and rodent tight as possible that's what the sod flaps at the bottom of the tent's walls are for.

I've had two 15X15 EENA wall tents from Beckel Canvas. (A bear ate the first one... :rolleyes: ) Highly recommend! They are made from marine canvas and are relatively light for horse packing. IIRC my 15X15 weighs 60 or 65 pounds which makes a nice load on one side of a horse. When weight isn't a big issue, I also use a 71/2' X 15' heavy tarp that will go either direction in the tent. The cots/sleeping bags/gear go there. The rest of the floor stays open so as not to worry about burns, mud, dirt, etc. Wall height is a serious consideration. A 5' wall greatly increases the useable space with little increase in weight. You're going to love wall tenting!

Montana Canvas 10x12 used to be sold by the original quality Cabelas and may still. Was cheaper to buy from Cabelas than direct or any place else. Weighs 50lbs and a perfect weight/size for one side or over the top on your pack horse. Ours was from the mid 80's, and still going strong. We just put a zipper in the opposite end, and a side stove fly in addition to the top.

I have a Bravo Tent that I like. It has stronger reinforced seams and D-rings for high winds and heavy snow loads. Look them up here https://www.bravotents.com/ and give John a call about your needs.

He is in Camas, WA and builds the tents himself.
He also repairs all brands of wall tents so he knows what works and what doesn't.