Heavy bullets in .257 Weatherby ?

I specifically asked Berger if the 115gr would be ok in my 1:7 twist barrel and they said yes. Now if you start shooting light constructed bullets super fast I bet you have problems.
Currently I shoot 100 gr Barnes at 3550 fps with 7.5 twist but i would definitely be didn't some leg work before ordering a barrel. Just on a long list of things to do.

I run 3 1/4 bore rifles, 257AI, 25-06 and 257Bee, all have 10" twists and I use 100-115g bullets in all.
In my Bee and 25-06 I run a lot of RL25 and H1000. Haven't tried anything else other than Retumbo. I love the performance of either 110g Accubonds or 115g Partitions, never had an animal get away from a hit with either, years ago I ran Speer Hot Cor 120g and found them a bit hard, so switched to Grand Slams…fantastic bullets.

Cheers.

It is a Weatherby Vanguard that I had redone after I shot out the original barrel.

B&C stock fitted and bedded by Axisworks
Stock Weatherby Vanguard action
Timney trigger
Oregon Mountain Rifles shouldered barrel
26" carbon wrapped
ORM self timing brake
Burris Veracity 3x15x50
Seekins rings
EGW Rail
Hoss 50: 2 things, do you still have that old barrel? If so I would be interested in purchasing it. I am setting up a dummy action to fire-form my cases. I am having a 257/280AI rifle being built. So I will have a reamer to rechamber that barrel, and a new Bartlein barrel order out in a 7-1 twist rate. The rechambering will be done a a gunsmith. That above my pay grade. When the Bartlein barrel get here is another story.

Hoss 50: 2 things, do you still have that old barrel? If so I would be interested in purchasing it. I am setting up a dummy action to fire-form my cases. I am having a 257/280AI rifle being built. So I will have a reamer to rechamber that barrel, and a new Bartlein barrel order out in a 7-1 twist rate. The rechambering will be done a a gunsmith. That above my pay grade. When the Bartlein barrel get here is another story.
I don't. They had to relief cut the old barrel to get it off.

Will setting bullets out closer to the lands in Weatherby cartridges cause higher pressure/stiff bolt lift? Seems once rifle gets a little warm it gets tighter and bolt lift is stiff. 2 shots may be fine then the third is tight. Is a recent development. Half grain below max charge with 7828ssc and 115-120g bullets, 20-30 thousandths jump. Rifle is older vanguard stainless, 257 WBY.

This is the heaviest one that I was able to find. For those of you who likes the heavies here you go 😁
Screenshot_20230214_132308_Facebook.jpg