Heavy bullets in .257 Weatherby ?

Great info thanks. I believe the BJ reamer has .130" free bore, so I am thinking the closer I get to the lands I may hit pressure faster than a standard WBY. So I am going to start out a good ways off the lands, and just see how it shoots.

Great info thanks. I believe the BJ reamer has .130" free bore, so I am thinking the closer I get to the lands I may hit pressure faster than a standard WBY. So I am going to start out a good ways off the lands, and just see how it shoots.
I believe mine was cut with a factory length reamer and I have alot of freebore. With 128gr Hammer or 135gr Berger I cannot get near the lands even all the way out.

That said it shoots 1/2 moa or less so i couldn't care less how close to the lands I am.

Last edited:
I believe mine was cut with a factory length reamer and I have alot of freebore. With 128gr Hammer or 135gr Berger I can get near the lands even all the way out.

That said it shoots 1/2 moa or less so i couldn't care less how close to the lands I am.

Don't you mean, you can't get to the lands no matter how you seat your bullet? Wby generally have a lot of free bore.

Weatherby free bore.JPG

With the 145 BH, I can load them .011-.015" off the lands with mine (standard WBY/pre-fit barrel).