H100V in .257 Weatherby?

Dalbo

Has anyone loaded H100V in the .257Wby. Hodgdon does not list any load for it in their manual or website. I noticed its burn rate is similar to H4350 and 4831 . Do you think they have not had time to develop the load for this caliber or is there something that makes this powder incompatible with the 257?

Last edited:
I called and spoke with them on some data for the .280 Rem recently. I was told that since the merge, and due to the economy they are pretty much concentrating on the "more popular" calibers, as per cut backs.

It was silly when I looked at the data on their site and found loads for just about every weight bullet for the powder in question in the 280 AI version. Their explanation was that since Nosler has chambered it in one of their rifles it has become more popular. Personally I couldn't see why it would be more popular than the standard version but that was their call. Go figure.

I would give them a ring on it however they might have some data they haven't posted up yet. Worse case you could get an answer like I did.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.