Hawkins hybrid rings in 35mm, who does this?@?@

kaseyfied

My guy in idaho I was using doesnt smith anymore. Does anyone have a line on someone that takes 34mm Hawkins hybrid rings and makes them 35mm?? Thanks in advance

Kasey

Probably cheaper to get new Hawkins rings if they make what you're after, if not I might be able to open them up for you.

Have you asked if Hawkins can provide that service for you? I am curious "IF" lapping with a 35MM bar is possible???
They use to send me to a guy in idaho who is not in business.. I'm sure its possible but that would be a lot of time by hand to get both top and bottom to fit good. It was an option I was considering

Kssey

They use to send me to a guy in idaho who is not in business.. I'm sure its possible but that would be a lot of time by hand to get both top and bottom to fit good. It was an option I was considering

Kssey
That's true, but a good lapping bar like http://www.kokopelliproducts.com/scopeb.html and lapping compound might be a worthy exercise. LOL! Good luck.

What size you looking for? I have some for sale. They're tikka 25moa lows. Ran a 3.6-18x44 perfect hwight. Idk if Caleb ever made them for rem700, believe it was just tikka.

What size you looking for? I have some for sale. They're tikka 25moa lows. Ran a 3.6-18x44 perfect hwight. Idk if Caleb ever made them for rem700, believe it was just tikka.
He made em for rem 700s also I had a couple sets of the direct mounts honed to 35mm..

He made em for rem 700s also I had a couple sets of the direct mounts honed to 35mm..
I personally moved away from the hybrids after having them come loose at the base even with blue loctite on threads(2 different tikkas). Id suggest a good light rail and NF ultralight rings. Cuz I've had a few sets of the Hawkins lightweights come loose on a 300 norma improved and 338 rum. I love Andy's bottom metal, mags, 6 screw hvy tac rings, but I have had issues with the hybrid an UL rings. All torqued to spec with fixit sticks and blue loctite. Just my experience, take it for what its worth.

Recent Posts