Having issues getting the bolt to eject

I also think it's ruff. I made a call and I emailed them ....

I've only seen a couple rough chambers , so I'm no expert . I know pictures can hide a lot , but from what I can tell I don't think the brass looks that bad . can you feel rough on the brass with your fingernail ? can you " easily " chamber a piece of fired brass ? your fired brass looks like it has a honed finish , which I think should be ok .

the last rough chamber I was around I could not rechamber a piece of fired brass , it just did not want to go back in . the roughness ran length wise on the brass , just about like it was splined . It was very obvious when I ran my fingernail over the fired brass .

I bought a rem 700 sps in 7 rem mag 7 years ago and the same thing happened right out of the box. Sent it back and got a new barreled action. I tired some 0000 steel wool on a dowel to polish the chamber but it didn't do anything and the chamber didn't look rough.

Looks like a rough chamber, try working the bolt with a fired case 20 times or so without extracting, that should give you more pronounced marks on the case and will give you proof of a rough chamber, send a picture to the smith he should have no problem correcting the issue.

Follow this lead, cleaning up a chamber with some scotchbrite or flitz is easy. Did you try cleaning the chamber at all? I cannot see your brass w/o magnifying it, but it would take one rough chamber to halt extraction if the extraction was working right.
I didn't scotchbright or flitz the chamber. Thanks for that advice. I think there is two issues for sure. The chamber and the extraction. I'll find an expert to time this thing. Thanks for all the help. At least I have a place to start

It's a primary extraction problem and it's very common with Rem 700s. The good news is that it's a cheap fix. Call Dan at Accu Tig. He'll remove the handle, time it, and tig weld it back on. The turnaround time is fast and the product is top notch.

http://accu-tig.com/

I got a new gun. Remington 700 that was blueprinted. Got a McMillan stock in the game warden. Ordered a Carbon wrapped barrel in the 28 nosler. Had it put together and found the bolt will open up after a shot. But I can't pull it back. Takes a lot of work. Right now it's a single shot. Wondering if anyone has a suggestion on what's up. Head space is good. I'll include pictures of the brass.
From your pictures as others have said, the amount of scratching on your cases definitely states rough, unfinished chamber!

I called Remington. They said my gun has different parts then Just theirs and they wouldn't touch it. They also said if it was trued then it has been modified and whatever warranty was there is gone. So that didn't work out. Looks like this guy Dan in Alaska is the way to go for timing the primary extraction.

It may be a combination of chamber and timing. I would have both addressed at the same time since the rifle is going to be down anyway.

if you really like the rifle, then go ahead and have the action trued up at the same time!

My $.02

It may be a combination of chamber and timing. I would have both addressed at the same time since the rifle is going to be down anyway.

if you really like the rifle, then go ahead and have the action trued up at the same time!

My $.02
Thanks. That's a great plan. The action was already trued up. So I guess I like the rifle ...... hopefully I'll like it more very soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.