Bergara B14/HMR 6.5PRC ejection issues

DaveBerg

Good Morning Sports Fans
I recently purchased a Bergara HMR in 6.5PRC. After loading the mag and cycling the bolt, I was surprised that the bolt would not let go of the loaded case.
Really racking the bolt back would either release the loaded round into the mag well or limply dribble the case out of the ejection port..

I called Bergara and the tech said that the rifle wasn't designed to eject a Live/loaded round ( no ****, that's exactly what I was told) and that I would not have any issue's after firing the round and cycling the bolt with a spent casing !

I mentioned that the bolt was dragging across the top of the mag well, with no response from the tech.. Dragging bad enough to leave tire tracks on the bolt..

Haven't been to the range yet, Will advise

They should have developed the gun (as offered in 6.5PRC) to remove these problems.
Sounds like they're trying to get away with a short action with long action magazine.

It needs a long loading port for full cartridge length ejection.
I'm guessing that the case is hitting/bouncing off the rear of the port as the loaded round tries swinging outward.

Probably need custom work on the port, stock port inlay, and mag follower..
The factory has already chosen not to do this, so you'll need to find a gunbuilder to do it.
Or, sell the gun. Get off from under it.

Various factories made similar errors with their early releases in WSSM.
It shows that they do not know what they're doing. And IMO, too locked into Remington design..

Hit the range for site in. 50 yd indoor range, Bergara is a tack driver. Same hole shot after shot..No ejection issue's with spent rounds
The Sig 6.5 x 20 x 52 BDX tracked perfectly
Mounted a Tactacam and recorded a 3 round, about the same hole vid. Thing is awesome ! I orginally freaked a little bit, couldn't see the 2nd or 3 round hits..Thought the scope may have come loose, or I was Really pulling shots..LOL ! Same damm hole !