Hart Barrels!!

I would like to give a huge shout out to Hart Barrels, sent them a question about a rechamber/Barrel job and they sent back their phone number and so I called them.
They answered the phone very promptly and I posed my question. I do not believe I have ever been treated as well by anyone as I had been by them, answered all my questions and were very personal! I asked the lady one question and she said she was unsure and if I didn't mind waiting she would get the gunsmith and she did! He came to the phone and again answered all my question! When pro people deal with novice/green people they tend to get short or give you the impression at times that the questions are beneath them, but not the folks at Hart! I will be buying my next barrel from them this summer!!
I have SEVERAL HART Barrels on my Wildcat builds! Ditto to EVERYTHING YOU SAID! Theosmithjr

A .308 Win?? No way...stuff like that only happens with a Creedmoor.
I have a Remington 700 Sendero SS Fluted .308 that shoots 1 hole all the time! Killed a Groundhog at 873 yards with it too! Off Thread subject I know, but I loves my .308! Theosmithjr

Attachments

• 20170916_191557_Burst01.jpg
    20170916_191557_Burst01.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 165
I currently own two Hart barreled rifles, one in 220 Swift and the other in 300 RSAUM, both shoot exceptionally well. When I used to compete in short range score shooting, I owned several Hart barreled Hunter Class rifles and all were more than competitive. They make a very good barrel.

Last I heard, Boots Obermeyer was still using Pratt and Whitney machines for his barrels. At his age, and given the extremely high quality and accuracy of his barrels, I doubt he will ever again purchase any newer machines.

While many new shooters have probably never heard of him, MOST of the current major cut rifling barrel manufacturers started out with a barrel maker/smith that trained under Boots! Boots is a small (usually just him on the floor) business and most of his barrels wind up on some of the most accurate US Military rifles. I waited 16 years to finally get one some12 years ago. I own lots of Bartlein, some Krieger, and a couple Rock Creek cut rifled barrels but, none of my rifles, cut rifling or otherwise, will out-shoot the Obermeyer barrel. I've had an order in for two more of his barrels for nearly three years now. Believe me, it's worth the wait!

I currently own two Hart barreled rifles, one in 220 Swift and the other in 300 RSAUM, both shoot exceptionally well. When I used to compete in short range score shooting, I owned several Hart barreled Hunter Class rifles and all were more than competitive. They make a very good barrel.
Don't mean to high jack this but do you reload your 300 rsaum. I've got 100 once fired brass I'll make you a heck of an offer on

If I'm not mistaken Boots give Kreiger his rights to the 5R

That is my understanding, not that he actually gave it to them as much as he let them use it for free. Krieger was one of his many apprentices. Boots has since licensed the use of 5R rifling to many other barrel and rifle manufacturers.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.