Hart Barrels!!

If I'm not mistaken Boots give Kreiger his rights to the 5R

Guys at Bartlerin worked for Kreiger also have right 5R. Brux,old owner Rock Creek barrels worked for Boots. When Tim North purchased Broughton barrels he made 5R and he got call from Boots as he owns right for 5R and name was change to 5c. Kriger,Bartlein,Burx,Rock Creek are close to Boots same state. I'm sure there are others that worked for Boots.

How long have I been a Hart user, my first 6.5-06 had a 26" Hart barrel in it in 1968. It was built on a commercial Mauser action. Great barrels and good folks. I shot many chucks with that rifle in ME, NH and VT. Any match I ever attended, I was well dressed with that rifle in hand.
Ed

I have always had very good to exceptional accuracy with Hart barrels, although these days I prefer cut rifles barrels for my comp work.
I currently have 3 Hart barrels in 300WM, all have been retired from comp work, but still hold less than .75MoA when screwed back on for deer culling. Only disadvantage is their weight, straight taper F-Class profiles are HEAVY!

Cheers.

I have always had very good to exceptional accuracy with Hart barrels, although these days I prefer cut rifles barrels for my comp work.
I currently have 3 Hart barrels in 300WM, all have been retired from comp work, but still hold less than .75MoA when screwed back on for deer culling. Only disadvantage is their weight, straight taper F-Class profiles are HEAVY!

Cheers.
I totally agree if you're shooting off hand standing. But I use mine from aBald Eagle Rest & rear Cordura bag combo; so weight is NO PROBLEM. I own several, and have NEVER had a complaint! I'd buy another in a Heartbeat if need be.
Theosmithjr

I totally agree if you're shooting off hand standing. But I use mine from aBald Eagle Rest & rear Cordura bag combo; so weight is NO PROBLEM. I own several, and have NEVER had a complaint! I'd buy another in a Heartbeat if need be.
Theosmithjr
We shoot off the back of pickups under a spotlight, only a front rest is available as we shoot standing up.

Cheers.

Hart Barrels -great service and delivery, great accuracy and internal finish. Minimal copper fouling. Accuracy life comparable to all other top-line makers (in my experience no significant difference in accuracy life based on type of rifling-button or cut-rifle).

Have aBorden built 6 ppc with a 25 in Hart, after 2000 shots she's still hanging in there,,shooting BIB 67...moly coated.. Don't see many these days but I like them..

I have a Rem 700 trued action with a 21 1/2" varmint couture Heart barrel with a tight neck 308 Win chamber. This rifle was built in the early to mid 1980s to use as a hunter class bench rest rifle. The reason for the odd length barrel was to make the weight limitations. I got it from the guy that had it made in the early 1990s and have used it as a deer hunting rifle since. It will still stack bullets in a ragged hole and untold how many have been down the bore.

My previous post was short, somewhat intentionally. The method to the madness matters little. A good result can come from multiple angles. Tooling/machines/able workers/leadership all come into play building a good piece of "insert *** ever here"....I've owned really really good barrels from multiple companies both cut and buttons....I've got a hart barrel on a .223 ackley xp-100 action rifle that I'd play any money I had in my pocket at 100 yards for group off a bench any day anywhere right now...I love hart but they aren't the end all I've had great shilean and hart and etc etc etc. you have to remember there has to be good steel available to make anything quality...

I agree, this discussion has really gotten into Ford v Chevy v Dodge........etc.....was never meant to head in that direction. I had a great experience with the ppl at Hart, and this is where I will be purchasing my next barrel. NOt to say its the best and i am right and no one else is, lol. I just know so often you hear negative things but I just wanted to express my experience.

Now i have to decide on contour and the flutes, I have talked to the ppl at McMillian and had equally as good experience, So i will be ordering my Game Warden Stock, in a week or two and my barrel very shortly after that.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts