Hart Barrel break In

Triple BB

I have a 300 RUM build with a Hart barrel that should be ready next week. I read Hart's website and they really don't recommend much for a break in. Seems odd given what some other barrel manufacturers recommend. Anyone do a break in with a Hart barrel. Thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated...

I did on my 270. The barrel fouled horribly and I wasn't very happy about how much it fouled when new. That particular barrel, my first Hart, was the worst fouler, and took a long time to break in....like 20-30+ shots. More than any other rifle I had built.

On the flip side, I have NEVER put anything through it that grouped over 3/4" and it is one of my favorite rifles and is really really really accurate! So it redeemed itself for ease of loading and being NOT PICKY.

FWIW, they have an action/stock of mine right now soon to be fitting a new #5.5 28" fluted Hart barrel in 338-300 RUM. :D

My buddy gad his 300 Weatherby rebarreled with a Hart about four years ago. He followed Hart's process which was to just go and shoot, clean with Hoppes. I was skeptical but the rifle is exceptionally accurate with factory Weatherby ammo or hand loads with no issues.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.