Harrel's Muzzle Brakes

However, they require a gunsmith to bore them at a minimum. I'm not disputing that they are not a good brake, nor good people, however comparing them to a brake that is usable when received is not a good comparison.

Actually after looking at his website again, He only has one brake that doesn't require a gunsmith to at least blend it in. And that's the 2 piece brake, The beast brake say's this quote "All of these have about the same max tenon length of .760" to the first port and can be turned as small as .800"."

His original brakes are similar to the harrel's brakes.

I just watched his videos and he is very honest, The Fat Bastard Outdid his brakes, But his brakes outdid most of the other brakes he tested from other well known mfg. It looks like his brakes are quite effective. I enjoyed watching his videos, And His testing device looks very well made and a good way to test the effectiveness of muzzle brakes, When he lit off that 338 Lapua with a 300 grain bullet with no brake, It bottomed out up against the rear of his testing fixture.

Yes and the Tactical brakes are $45.00
The added benefit of the tactical brakes, they are tuner/brake for a lot less money. On this 20 inch 10T KBI barrel harvested from a FTR barrel I played with the tactical just to see how the rifle responds.

No handloads, just GI M118 LRs. Rifle responded nicely. On next outing I will take pictures of the tuning effect.

20220709_175105.jpg

Really good people, known them all my life. Walter and Linwood (brothers) started the little shop and I have and use a bunch of their stuff, culver measurer, dies, compact press and on and on. They are the best people you could ever deal with with some of the best prices in the game. They were/are pretty well known in the benchrest world. I think that is why most of their breaks are blend and bore. You will see their culver measurers and arbor presses all over benchrest matches.

Walter passed away years back, but Linwood is there and Chris (Walt's son-in-law) run the show. If you do not see something, give them a call. They are the definition of family owned and will do anything to help.

Really good people, known them all my life. Walter and Linwood (brothers) started the little shop and I have and use a bunch of their stuff, culver measurer, dies, compact press and on and on. They are the best people you could ever deal with with some of the best prices in the game. They were/are pretty well known in the benchrest world. I think that is why most of their breaks are blend and bore. You will see their culver measurers and arbor presses all over benchrest matches.

Walter passed away years back, but Linwood is there and Chris (Walt's son-in-law) run the show. If you do not see something, give them a call. They are the definition of family owned and will do anything to help.
That's awesome! My experience with them has been perfect!