Hammer Shout Out to Weatherby

I agree, there's a time and place for a calculated and proportional response. The challenge is balancing what you perceive to be an appropriate response with what your future/potential customers will perceive as an appropriate response.

As an individual, I'm very direct with people. I don't like passive-aggressive comments, subtle jabs, or indirect attacks, and I make a habit of addressing those issues when they come up. I'm much more cautious any time my professional reputation or credibility could be compromised by what I say or do. I'm fortunate enough that none of my work is related to my hobbies in any way, so nothing I say or do online will have any impact on my business dealings. You're in a much more difficult position because your passion and your business are so heavily overlapped.

Just remember, perspective dictates perception. How the public sees your interactions will determine what they take away from those interactions. You can be above the rest of the internet swamp and still defend your product and brand. Hammer is already well ahead of most of the competition. All you have to do is sit back and let your products speak for themselves.

I was trying to think of a way to make this exact point tactfully, I'm glad you did prior to me. I 100% agree with what your saying.

At the point that you are providing projectiles for Weatherby, why do you even care what a member on a forum says to or about you? It isn't going to hurt or change your business. Perhaps I have a different perspective, I have people say all types of insults and derogatory remarks to or about me on a nearly daily basis, and since it makes no difference in how I do my work or affect my job, I ignore it and carry on. My work speaks for itself, just like your products do. If I "kick the chihuahua" so to speak, I loose my job and maybe go to jail myself. To take those offenses personal would be somewhat immature and middle school-ish, and get me in hot water. But honestly, immature middle school banter is somewhat of the perception you are putting off, like it or not. I think your a good guy Steve, and I know you are passionate about what you do and that is fantastic, and I hope that never changes. But man, you gotta find a way to let these things go and rise above it. Dragging dirty laundry into an otherwise great thread isn't doing anyone any good, and just leads to another thread being dragged through the mud. I'm not saying this trying to hurt feelings or call anyone out, but I'm trying to help.

Think of it from Weatherby's standpoint too, if the owner of their premium bullet line, along with his friend, are continually getting in online verbal confrontations with past, current, or possible future customers, do you think that has the potential to shine some negative light on the partnership?

I'm not saying to stop posting or leave the forum, you offer good insight and a great resource of information related to your projectiles, and I think everyone has enjoyed following along as your business has grown, but try to be more tactful with your responses. This thread could have avoided most or all of this garbage if you had simply omitted one sentence.
A man that stands by his product and refuses to let the constant barrage of undermining subtle sabotage go uncontested instead of staying in the shadows for fear that it may in some way hurt his reputation is a man that has nads that clank when he walks.
The world needs more folks like that instead of Karen's scared to death of what someone else may think of them and if you two knew the whole story { which I think one of you does) you would see where his on said comment is totally justified.
Lead, Follow or just simply get out of the way

Did anyone else have issues listening to the podcast with Weatherby and Hammer? I was able to get it up it was totally silent aside from hearing the intro on every Weatherby podcast?

I was trying to think of a way to make this exact point tactfully, I'm glad you did prior to me. I 100% agree with what your saying.

At the point that you are providing projectiles for Weatherby, why do you even care what a member on a forum says to or about you? It isn't going to hurt or change your business. Perhaps I have a different perspective, I have people say all types of insults and derogatory remarks to or about me on a nearly daily basis, and since it makes no difference in how I do my work or affect my job, I ignore it and carry on. My work speaks for itself, just like your products do. If I "kick the chihuahua" so to speak, I loose my job and maybe go to jail myself. To take those offenses personal would be somewhat immature and middle school-ish, and get me in hot water. But honestly, immature middle school banter is somewhat of the perception you are putting off, like it or not. I think your a good guy Steve, and I know you are passionate about what you do and that is fantastic, and I hope that never changes. But man, you gotta find a way to let these things go and rise above it. Dragging dirty laundry into an otherwise great thread isn't doing anyone any good, and just leads to another thread being dragged through the mud. I'm not saying this trying to hurt feelings or call anyone out, but I'm trying to help.

Think of it from Weatherby's standpoint too, if the owner of their premium bullet line, along with his friend, are continually getting in online verbal confrontations with past, current, or possible future customers, do you think that has the potential to shine some negative light on the partnership?

I'm not saying to stop posting or leave the forum, you offer good insight and a great resource of information related to your projectiles, and I think everyone has enjoyed following along as your business has grown, but try to be more tactful with your responses. This thread could have avoided most or all of this garbage if you had simply omitted one sentence.
Well said Codyadams. There are many here who feel personally connect to Steve and Brian because of their willingness to go above and beyond for their customers and the passion they have for what they're doing. For years now, I have worked up loads for a ton of rifles for myself and my friends with Hammers The fact that for nearly every one of those rifles (different calibers) I would call Steve and he would always take an exceptional amount of time to give me the best data possible to start and never once rush the conversation even though he was extremely busy. He's also been very honest with his bullets capabilities and what they are intended for.
I would love to see the hatchet buried because at the end of the day every one of here love this sport and with all the craziness going on in the world right now, the last thing we need as a group, is to be divided.

Not sure why attitudes have to come to a thread like this. I just don't get it!! I get enough crap on the news everyday and night and come here from some good reading, knowledge, and news about things I enjoy and am passionate about. I hope ALL of you have a great evening. I'm tired of the insults I see here more and more.
It seems too come from the same 2 or 3 posters , keeps it interesting a little opposition helps Hammers in the long run by keeping the good news out front and center while debunking the naysayers . Congrats. for Weatherby teaming up remember the cream always comes too the top. I've been trying different bullets for 50 yrs . I'll be loading Hammers for the rest of my shooting and hunting years.

Did anyone else have issues listening to the podcast with Weatherby and Hammer? I was able to get it up it was totally silent aside from hearing the intro on every Weatherby podcast?
I tried to watch it last night with my neighbor. Couldn't get it to work. I know it is out since we are getting calls about it. In fact just got a text from a buddy about it while making this response.

I also had those same issues. I'm using Google Podcasts, not sure if it works better on other podcast services. I was really bummed to not be able to listen to it.

A man that stands by his product and refuses to let the constant barrage of undermining subtle sabotage go uncontested instead of staying in the shadows for fear that it may in some way hurt his reputation is a man that has nads that clank when he walks.
The world needs more folks like that instead of Karen's scared to death of what someone else may think of them and if you two knew the whole story { which I think one of you does) you would see where his on said comment is totally justified.
Lead, Follow or just simply get out of the way
I understand what your saying, but the thing is Lee, if Steve is building a good enough product that the end result speaks for itself (which it surely does, hammer bullets have some great benefits for many uses) and has grown to the point where it is at, the attempts at undermine and sabotage obviously haven't worked, and aren't going to work, his business is well above that. His business does not need your defense. His business doesn't need anyone's defense brother, it's kickin butt right now! And when his business has risen above the need for continual defense and reassurance, at this point it is beginning to appear as petty, and overdefensive, the act is seemingly Karen-like in itself. It doesn't take a man with balls that clank to kick a chihuahua. I'm not saying that to insult, but trying to put it into perspective. At this point, Steve can stand proud of what he has built, and is essentially bulletproof from any comments from random people on forums.

At the end of the day, we all have different opinions. But when things get heated, I look at people like JE Custom was, and other people of high moral character in my personal life for how to condone myself. It is not that I am a Karen that cares what other's think of me, but in a sense I do care about what my actions show of myself. It's a small, but significant difference, not to be confused. I never once saw JE Custom, or those other people in my life that I reference, act in passive aggressive manners, or do things of that nature, even if they could have found a way to justify it. They did the right thing, because it was the right thing to do. That, is what this country needs more of. I will bow out now.

I understand what your saying, but the thing is Lee, if Steve is building a good enough product that the end result speaks for itself (which it surely does, hammer bullets have some great benefits for many uses) and has grown to the point where it is at, the attempts at undermine and sabotage obviously haven't worked, and aren't going to work, his business is well above that. His business does not need your defense. His business doesn't need anyone's defense brother, it's kickin butt right now! And when his business has risen above the need for continual defense and reassurance, at this point it is beginning to appear as petty, and overdefensive, the act is seemingly Karen-like in itself. It doesn't take a man with balls that clank to kick a chihuahua. I'm not saying that to insult, but trying to put it into perspective. At this point, Steve can stand proud of what he has built, and is essentially bulletproof from any comments from random people on forums.

At the end of the day, we all have different opinions. But when things get heated, I look at people like JE Custom was, and other people of high moral character in my personal life for how to condone myself. It is not that I am a Karen that cares what other's think of me, but in a sense I do care about what my actions show of myself. It's a small, but significant difference, not to be confused. I never once saw JE Custom, or those other people in my life that I reference, act in passive aggressive manners, or do things of that nature, even if they could have found a way to justify it. They did the right thing, because it was the right thing to do. That, is what this country needs more of. I will bow out now.
Ok Cody. Last thing I want to be is a Karen! I will stop directing comments at the obvious detractors. I don't know if my business is immune to the sabotage. I've got way too much work into it to see if doing nothing is the right way to handle it. I know that the more our business grows the more chihuahuas there will be. They are ready to deal with when I don't know about them. This likely why successful companies separate from forums. I first came to this forum in 2007 when I was getting my first custom rifle built. With the same questions that new members show up with today. At that time I thought 300y was a very long shot. Frankly, if it were not for this forum and @Fiftydriver taking us out to shoot long range, starting the addiction, Hammer Bullets would never have happened. We started Hammer Bullets by coming here to announce the intent and asking for guidance from the smart folks here, to help us develop the best bullets possible. Who knows, I may wind up leaving here. Don't want to, but I really don't like kicking dogs.

Thanks for being wiser than I am.

Ok Cody. Last thing I want to be is a Karen! I will stop directing comments at the obvious detractors. I don't know if my business is immune to the sabotage. I've got way too much work into it to see if doing nothing is the right way to handle it. I know that the more our business grows the more chihuahuas there will be. They are ready to deal with when I don't know about them. This likely why successful companies separate from forums. I first came to this forum in 2007 when I was getting my first custom rifle built. With the same questions that new members show up with today. At that time I thought 300y was a very long shot. Frankly, if it were not for this forum and @Fiftydriver taking us out to shoot long range, starting the addiction, Hammer Bullets would never have happened. We started Hammer Bullets by coming here to announce the intent and asking for guidance from the smart folks here, to help us develop the best bullets possible. Who knows, I may wind up leaving here. Don't want to, but I really don't like kicking dogs.

Thanks for being wiser than I am.
I sure hope you stick around I think it is a neat thing too be able too converse with the owner and inventor of a product that I use , and I'm sure others fill the same . The majority of us on this forum share the same passions hunting ,shooting and the great outdoors . The naysayers of Hammer bullets probably haven't used them or they just don't fit in for there type of shooting and that is O.K . The same naysayers in real life or most likely good people and share the same likes and dislikes that we do . I think Steve has all the right in the world too poke back defending his product , most of his post is pretty darned educational on bullet performance and terminal performance. I think most of the time when he jabs back it's kinda in fun , but others get there feathers ruffled , lighten up a bit and enjoy the ride , it's all in fun .

I work with Brian and Steve daily. The individual will always be the driving force of business. We truly appreciate the support because of people like you this has been possible.
Thank you for this reply back, it is appreciated. What I wrote was written in hopes that Hammer will keep their bullets available to "everyone". I am not by any means a high volume buyer from Hammer bullets, just find it great to be able to go to the Hammer web page and find the bullets that you are looking for "in stock" and available. Steve took care of me a couple of bear seasons ago, however due to an issue with my 35 Whelen we never got to hunt with the company's bullets. This upcoming bear season in September "will" be a Hammer hunting season as I have all the bases covered for the rifles we are hunting with, "including" the back-up rifles we take with us as "just-in-case" rifles as in last season. I will be hunting with either the 35 Whelen or the 30-06 as a back-up, "just-in-case rifle. My son is hunting with his newly built 450 Bushmaster and Hammers. And...our other hunting partner will be hunting with a 35 Whelen or...a 45-70, also with Hammers.