Hammer Shout Out to Gunwerks

RockyMtnMT

Official LRH Sponsor
On our trip to Wyoming we also stopped in to see the Gunwerks folks. Wow what a great facility they have. Another company that is pushing the envelope. They have been using the Hammer Bullets for the last year or so, and it was great to put some faces with names. They have a state of the art facility and are manufacturing in house with state of the art machining. Start to finish. Seeing first hand the level of quality and ingenuity confirms how glad we are to be a part of their success. They are manufacturing in house all of the major components that go into their rifles and components. Quality control and no reliance on others is what makes their products some of the best in the industry. Being able to team up with a company that is striving to be the best fits us well. If any of you are ever headed anywhere close to Cody WY, I encourage you to take time and visit Gunwerks.

Part of the visit was to get hands on familiarity with their suppressor line. We decided that we are going to be a dealer of the Gunwerks suppressors. After visiting I am glad that we decided to use their suppressor. They are designed for long range shooting with high power cartridges, so they don't have limits on cartridge size or pressure. We will have our first ones here very soon and spend some time shooting with them on various rifles. Very much looking forward to this. I will report on our success with them soon.

I encourage any of you looking for high end out of the box custom rifles to look into Gunwerks.

Last edited by a moderator:
On our trip to Wyoming we also stopped in to see the Gunwerks folks. Wow what a great facility they have. Another company that is pushing the envelope. They have been using the Hammer Bullets for the last year or so, and it was great to put some faces with names. They have a state of the art facility and are manufacturing in house with state of the art machining. Start to finish. Seeing first hand the level of quality and ingenuity confirms how glad we are to be a part of their success. They are manufacturing in house all of the major components that go into their rifles and components. Quality control and no reliance on others is what makes their products some of the best in the industry. Being able to team up with a company that is striving to be the best fits us well. If any of you are ever headed anywhere close to Cody WY, I encourage you to take time and visit Gunwerks.

Part of the visit was to get hands on familiarity with their suppressor line. We decided that we are going to be a dealer of the Gunwerks suppressors. After visiting I am glad that we decided to use their suppressor. They are designed for long range shooting with high power cartridges, so they don't have limits on cartridge size or pressure. We will have our first ones here very soon and spend some time shooting with them on various rifles. Very much looking forward to this. I will report on our success with them soon.

I encourage any of you looking for high end out of the box custom rifles to look into Gunwerks.

The Hammer police and deputies can chime in as they see fit.
A few years back i was able to visit those folks prior to going into the mountains on an elk hunt. I would have purchased a rifle right there on the spot with me being an impulse spender, but Mike would not sell me one without it being test fired and range validated…I was going up into the mountains the vest day, which left not time.

Anyway, all I can say is their facility and the numerous employees speaks to their level of sincerity to this industry. It was amazing to see all the equipment for making the rifles, the large inventory of parts and ammo, the shipping dept, design dept and much more. And, they took their time to welcome me and answer all my questions while I was certainly in their way. Anyway, great bunch of folks with a clear desire to be the best at what they do. Congrats on the partnership and I know it will be a success.

A few years back i was able to visit those folks prior to going into the mountains on an elk hunt. I would have purchased a rifle right there on the spot with me being an impulse spender, but Mike would not sell me one without it being test fired and range validated…I was going up into the mountains the vest day, which left not time.

Anyway, all I can say is their facility and the numerous employees speaks to their level of sincerity to this industry. It was amazing to see all the equipment for making the rifles, the large inventory of parts and ammo, the shipping dept, design dept and much more. And, they took their time to welcome me and answer all my questions while I was certainly in their way. Anyway, great bunch of folks with a clear desire to be the best at what they do. Congrats on the partnership and I know it will be a success.
Hard to grab hold of some of those rifles and put it back!

What is your thoughts on the suppressor? We have not shot them yet. In fact we are really suppressor newbies. We choose to sell the Gunwerks suppressors since they are designed for magnum cartridges and long range shooting. Everything smaller and shorter should be easier. That and why would we go anywhere else when Gunwerks is using Hammers in their ammo?

I've been impressed with their suppressors (that's why I've purchased two of them)! For strictly hunting purposes, I think the 6ix is a good compromise between size and sound reduction. Compared to other cans, it's heavier, but it's also made of steel (not titanium). The 8ight is very quiet - I've shot it along with my brothers TBAC Ultra 7 and felt both were nearly identical in performance on 22 Creed, 6 Creed, and 7 SAUM. Most will dog it because of the weight (again being steel), but a few extra ounces wasn't really an issue for me.

They are well thought out. Having wrench flats on the back means no more worrying about it seizing up and getting stuck. A hex key can break the muzzle adapter free as well, so you don't have to worry about it getting stuck in the can. Additionally, you also have bore reducers to take your 30 cal down to 22 cal for more effective suppression.

I think you'll enjoy the Gunwerks suppressors as well!

Last edited:
Just purchased my first GW rifle system pick it up tomorrow and shoot it tomorrow. I also have there br4
I have two and I love them both. Been hunting with the first one for ten years or so and it has never let down. Just got the second one a week or so ago and am working on the load development. Enjoy.

Last edited:
I have their 6 inch suppressor. It's really been great and very good at noise and recoil reduction. I've used it on my 28 Nosler and 6.5 PRC so far. Perfect size for a hunting situation in my mind.

lee