Hammer Shout Out to Weatherby

Actually it's about a 50-50 on dialing vs holding. Guys with the right optic will hold out to 500-600 and beyond in some cases as it's very fast and very accurate. I use both just as effective but I don't use box ballistic info for MV. A 500 holdover shot using the right reticles is extremely accurate and faster than dialing in most cases. Assuming you practice both.
Confirming drops with your rifle is always in order.

When Adam wby( the guy who owns the company you partnered with) used your bullet in his 30-378 he Lazer ranged the deer, dialed an elevation

I'm glad you cleared that up for Steve after he got done saying he spent the whole day with Adam Weatherby at the Weatherby factory.

I'm mostly teasing, I appreciate the dialogue and your point of view.

Congratulations to everyone at Hammer for all your success and growth in the last few years. I know you've all worked hard to build the company you have today.

My only issue Steve, is that I wish you'd left that last line out of your post. I don't see any net-positive outcome from that. Public relations will become a bigger part of your growth going forward, and I don't think comments like that will do you any favors. There's been a change in the public perception of Hammer bullets in the last year, and it's not all positive. The upside to it is that for every one person who finds the public jabs off putting, there are likely 3 more who'll find them refreshing.

As I've said before, Hammer bullets are a quality product. I've enjoyed the time I spent talking with you over the years, and I want nothing but good things for everyone at Hammer. I just happen to be one of those folks who've been discouraged and disappointed by the public persona of Hammer in the last year.

Congratulations to everyone at Hammer for all your success and growth in the last few years. I know you've all worked hard to build the company you have today.

My only issue Steve, is that I wish you'd left that last line out of your post. I don't see any net-positive outcome from that. Public relations will become a bigger part of your growth going forward, and I don't think comments like that will do you any favors. There's been a change in the public perception of Hammer bullets in the last year, and it's not all positive. The upside to it is that for every one person who finds the public jabs off putting, there are likely 3 more who'll find them refreshing.

As I've said before, Hammer bullets are a quality product. I've enjoyed the time I spent talking with you over the years, and I want nothing but good things for everyone at Hammer. I just happen to be one of those folks who've been discouraged and disappointed by the public persona of Hammer in the last year.
Huh

I am certainly capable of punching down. When the chihuahua continuously bites you in the ankle, eventually you kick it. If someone actually feels personally upset that I would fight back, then they are pretty thin skinned. I don't think you are thin skinned. I think you would like to be above it. As you should. I am not going to let someone have a free effort to undermine my business. Be like letting someone pick on your wife or daughter all the time. I don't think you would just let it be, in order to be above it.

I think more and more "established" businesses are avoiding "posting" on forums as such except when they're in their infancy of growth. Once they've got to a certain point and are established they more than likely move more to podcasts for promoting, and then advertising on a forum page. Maybe writing a closed article not open for comments. Maybe I'm wrong but kind of my take on it. You don't see ADG posting, you don't Kuiu posting, you don't see Arken Optics (in their infancy for sure) posting. I'm not saying either is right or wrong, just a observation so please don't take it wrong. Anyways…. Everyone has opinions and we like some and don't like others. It's when others start insulting others it gets overboard. Anyways, just my take…. Have a good day gents…..

I'm sure you can It doesn't upset me at all. you keep doing what works for you.
I for one like shooting off the shelf ammo since I haven't gotten into reloading yet. I haven't killed anything at 600 yards yet but killed quite a number of pdogs at slightly over 300 yards with off the shelf Hornady ammo and a out of the box tikka in 6.5. I don't know how to read wind or things like that and I know the shooting that I do isn't considered long range by a lot of you here but I can't wait to try out those Hammer bullets.

Maybe I'm out of it, but I can picture Weatherby being the people to say hey, we got a 140 grain 7mm over here doing 3350 out of a standard action 5 pound rifle with a handy length barrel.
I get 3300fps with the 146 Hammer Hunter in my 7mm Weatherby Accumark.
I haven't tried it in an Ultralight yet, but no reason to think the same isn't possible.

I think more and more "established" businesses are avoiding "posting" on forums as such except when they're in their infancy of growth. Once they've got to a certain point and are established they more than likely move more to podcasts for promoting, and then advertising on a forum page. Maybe writing a closed article not open for comments. Maybe I'm wrong but kind of my take on it. You don't see ADG posting, you don't Kuiu posting, you don't see Arken Optics (in their infancy for sure) posting. I'm not saying either is right or wrong, just a observation so please don't take it wrong. Anyways…. Everyone has opinions and we like some and don't like others. It's when others start insulting others it gets overboard. Anyways, just my take…. Have a good day gents…..
It gets harder and harder to find the time. Forums are fluid and not on a schedule. Plus they take a lot of energy. They are interactive. That is why I don't go on others. Accept our own. Podcast and such can be done on our schedule. So yeah it makes sense. I don't see leaving lrh. We were born here.

It gets harder and harder to find the time. Forums are fluid and not on a schedule. Plus they take a lot of energy. They are interactive. That is why I don't go on others. Accept our own. Podcast and such can be done on our schedule. So yeah it makes sense. I don't see leaving lrh. We were born here.
I get it!

I am certainly capable of punching down. When the chihuahua continuously bites you in the ankle, eventually you kick it. If someone actually feels personally upset that I would fight back, then they are pretty thin skinned. I don't think you are thin skinned. I think you would like to be above it. As you should. I am not going to let someone have a free effort to undermine my business. Be like letting someone pick on your wife or daughter all the time. I don't think you would just let it be, in order to be above it.

I agree, there's a time and place for a calculated and proportional response. The challenge is balancing what you perceive to be an appropriate response with what your future/potential customers will perceive as an appropriate response.

As an individual, I'm very direct with people. I don't like passive-aggressive comments, subtle jabs, or indirect attacks, and I make a habit of addressing those issues when they come up. I'm much more cautious any time my professional reputation or credibility could be compromised by what I say or do. I'm fortunate enough that none of my work is related to my hobbies in any way, so nothing I say or do online will have any impact on my business dealings. You're in a much more difficult position because your passion and your business are so heavily overlapped.

Just remember, perspective dictates perception. How the public sees your interactions will determine what they take away from those interactions. You can be above the rest of the internet swamp and still defend your product and brand. Hammer is already well ahead of most of the competition. All you have to do is sit back and let your products speak for themselves.

I agree, there's a time and place for a calculated and proportional response. The challenge is balancing what you perceive to be an appropriate response with what your future/potential customers will perceive as an appropriate response.

As an individual, I'm very direct with people. I don't like passive-aggressive comments, subtle jabs, or indirect attacks, and I make a habit of addressing those issues when they come up. I'm much more cautious any time my professional reputation or credibility could be compromised by what I say or do. I'm fortunate enough that none of my work is related to my hobbies in any way, so nothing I say or do online will have any impact on my business dealings. You're in a much more difficult position because your passion and your business are so heavily overlapped.

Just remember, perspective dictates perception. How the public sees your interactions will determine what they take away from those interactions. You can be above the rest of the internet swamp and still defend your product and brand. Hammer is already well ahead of most of the competition. All you have to do is sit back and let your products speak for themselves.
I was trying to think of a way to make this exact point tactfully, I'm glad you did prior to me. I 100% agree with what your saying.

At the point that you are providing projectiles for Weatherby, why do you even care what a member on a forum says to or about you? It isn't going to hurt or change your business. Perhaps I have a different perspective, I have people say all types of insults and derogatory remarks to or about me on a nearly daily basis, and since it makes no difference in how I do my work or affect my job, I ignore it and carry on. My work speaks for itself, just like your products do. If I "kick the chihuahua" so to speak, I loose my job and maybe go to jail myself. To take those offenses personal would be somewhat immature and middle school-ish, and get me in hot water. But honestly, immature middle school banter is somewhat of the perception you are putting off, like it or not. I think your a good guy Steve, and I know you are passionate about what you do and that is fantastic, and I hope that never changes. But man, you gotta find a way to let these things go and rise above it. Dragging dirty laundry into an otherwise great thread isn't doing anyone any good, and just leads to another thread being dragged through the mud. I'm not saying this trying to hurt feelings or call anyone out, but I'm trying to help.

Think of it from Weatherby's standpoint too, if the owner of their premium bullet line, along with his friend, are continually getting in online verbal confrontations with past, current, or possible future customers, do you think that has the potential to shine some negative light on the partnership?

I'm not saying to stop posting or leave the forum, you offer good insight and a great resource of information related to your projectiles, and I think everyone has enjoyed following along as your business has grown, but try to be more tactful with your responses. This thread could have avoided most or all of this garbage if you had simply omitted one sentence.

Last edited: