Hammer Bullets

Alberta Wexit

Have been in contact with Steve from Hammer Bullets. A, planning on working up a load for a 25-06 Weatherby Vanguard full factory. In his reply he suggested 92gr Hammer Hunters. In Canada Supplier only has 103gr Hunters but also has 90 gr. I believe Absolute Hammers. My question to forum Members please enlighten me on the three different types of Hammer Bullets. I'm wondering if 90 grainer would do? Hunting Whitetails and Muley's. I am told they can ship factory direct to Canada but need input from hunters who have experience with Hammer Bullets. Thanks in advance.

I ordered some 123 AH for my 6.5 direct from the factory. Shipping is pretty expensive with FedEx plus you get dinged duty at the border. All in all, they are a fairly expensive bullet but I feel they are worth it. I plan on taking my 6.5 PRC for moose next year. I think if you go with the 90 or 92, you will be happy. I read that mono bullets are equivalent to cup and core bullets that are 15-20grs heavier. I am thinking my .223 could use some. Also, be sure to follow the twist rates they post on their site.

I ordered some 123 AH for my 6.5 direct from the factory. Shipping is pretty expensive with FedEx plus you get dinged duty at the border. All in all, they are a fairly expensive bullet but I feel they are worth it. I plan on taking my 6.5 PRC for moose next year. I think if you go with the 90 or 92, you will be happy. I read that mono bullets are equivalent to cup and core bullets that are 15-20grs heavier. I am thinking my .223 could use some. Also, be sure to follow the twist rates they post on their site.
You should be able too push the 90 gr absolute over 3800 fps from the 257 wby I'm averaging 3860 on a max load from my 25-284 1-8 twist the 90 gr will take a little more load development than the 92 Hammer

From our website. Hope this is helpful.
If you don't have the powders to experiment with the Absolute Hammers the 103gr Hammer Hunters will work fine in WT and Muley's.

67A6CF61-132E-4C31-87EC-9C867C372CAE.jpeg

Alberta, I read that you are loading for a 25-06..... I've been experimenting with 103gr Hammer Hunters in 2 25-06's. One is a standard 1:10 twist and the other is a 1:9. I've gotten sub-MOA accuracy in both of them at over 3300 fps using RL-26. When sighted for a 300yd drop of 5.5 in., it's 1 in high at 100yd and zero at approx. 200yds. I think that is pretty typical of what you can expect from Hunters in a 25-06. I've not tried Absolutes in the 25-06 but my experience with 123/124 Absolute/Hunter in load test for my 6.5 Creedmore is that they are different bullets and my rifle shot one very well but the other not so much. If your first try with one type doesn't work out then try the other. No test-on-game with the 25-06 yet but the Creed shooting 123gr Absolutes took one hog and one buck this year..... they both fell where they stood on pass-through shots with no bullet recovered.

If you are new to using Hammer bullets I'd suggest you stick with the Hammer Hunters rather than the Absolutes. They are both great bullets but the Absolutes require a faster powder than conventional bullets and can be trickier to work up the right load. (as mentioned in the website) I now shoot the Hammer Hunters in almost all of my hunting rifles with great results.

I love the 103 grains! I shoot them in a 25-06ai with a 1-8 twist barrel at 3450fps, using retumbo. The group size is Consistency 1/2" groups or better. Work Great on coyotes

I loaded the 90gr Absolutes in my 25-06 this year. I was rushed to work up a load and get hunting so I just worked up a load with Varget, crimped with a Lee factory crimp die, and headed out. My Velocity was 3585fps out of a 24" Browning X bolt. My son and I took two whitetail bucks with this load. Mine was less then 50 yards through the neck in front of the shoulders. He dropped instantly. My son's deer was at 337 yards angling away. He just hit the back of the elbow on the on side shoulder. The bullet put a three inch hole thru the ribs, tore up the on side lung and part of the off side lung and exited in front of the off side shoulder. Deer traveled maybe 100 yards. I think it would have dropped faster if he had hit it more square through both lungs. Recovered one pedal from the bullet near the exit wound. Happy with the bullets so far. I want to get out and play with loads more now that season is over. Whatever one you go with keep us posted on your results.

I loaded the 90gr Absolutes in my 25-06 this year. I was rushed to work up a load and get hunting so I just worked up a load with Varget, crimped with a Lee factory crimp die, and headed out. My Velocity was 3585fps out of a 24" Browning X bolt. My son and I took two whitetail bucks with this load. Mine was less then 50 yards through the neck in front of the shoulders. He dropped instantly. My son's deer was at 337 yards angling away. He just hit the back of the elbow on the on side shoulder. The bullet put a three inch hole thru the ribs, tore up the on side lung and part of the off side lung and exited in front of the off side shoulder. Deer traveled maybe 100 yards. I think it would have dropped faster if he had hit it more square through both lungs. Recovered one pedal from the bullet near the exit wound. Happy with the bullets so far. I want to get out and play with loads more now that season is over. Whatever one you go with keep us posted on your results.
How much Varget?

If you are new to using Hammer bullets I'd suggest you stick with the Hammer Hunters rather than the Absolutes. They are both great bullets but the Absolutes require a faster powder than conventional bullets and can be trickier to work up the right load. (as mentioned in the website) I now shoot the Hammer Hunters in almost all of my hunting rifles with great results.
Not always faster. But just willing to experiment with a bunch of different powders. I was able to push a light bullet in a super slow powder with very surprising results. It just takes more time, components, and experimentation.

Not always faster. But just willing to experiment with a bunch of different powders. I was able to push a light bullet in a super slow powder with very surprising results. It just takes more time, components, and experimentation.
I think I'm going to experiment with some slower powders.