7 saum hammer bullets?

This is not a direct answer to your question but I will throw out that I shoot a couple of 7 SAUM rifles and have been very pleased with the Hornady 162 gr SST bullets. I have killed several large whitetail bucks with them and the performance has been great and they did not travel far at all. The cost is reasonable and you should be able to find them. Just another option to look at. I loaded them with H4831SC.

I am building my first full custom rifle it is going to be a 7 saum on a medium action. I was originally planning to run 175 Bergers with a col of 3.1 but not able to get the them has me thinking of trying hammers but hesitant to have the gun chambered around them. I was also wondering what grain hammers people are running in their 7 saum. Would love some advice.

What critters will you be hunting on a regular basis and to what ranges?

I used the 172 in my saum great 100yd accuracy 2925 fps. shot consistent 500,550,575, but 600 fell apart the 175 elite i was able to shoot consistent out to 700 farthest i can get right now and running them 2965
Sounds like a possible stability issue? They are a pretty long bullet and need all of an 8" twist minimum.