Hammer bullets

Coldfinger

Does anyone want to share any real world performance with Hammer bullets? I'm thinking of trying out some 130-140ish in 270&7 wsm. I've only ever used Barnes and well they just sit on the bench now. Will be using them on Whitetails.

I think this is a pretty complete thread.

Tag
I'm wanting to try the 177 hammer hunter in my custom 7 wsm when its finished

The 177gr hammer hunter worked great out of my 7 sherman max at 625 yards on a nice buck in Wyoming last month. Instant bang-flop quartering away, entered in back part of
Front shoulder, practically no meat damage, the entry into the rib cage behind the leading shoulder was appox 2.5 inches wide, and exit was slightly larger in offside just ahead of the shoulder. No recovery on the bullet, but based on size of holes on each size of the cage, those petals sheared and did their job.

Attachments

• 20200918_075115.jpg
    20200918_075115.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 140
Yep I have shot oryx, Audad, lots of deer, and lots of pigs. And a few rams. I can say I haven't purchased a single Barnes, cutting edge or any other mono since. They simply work with no draw backs they others tend to.

The 177gr hammer hunter worked great out of my 7 sherman max at 625 yards on a nice buck in Wyoming last month. Instant bang-flop quartering away, entered in back part of
Front shoulder, practically no meat damage, the entry into the rib cage behind the leading shoulder was appox 2.5 inches wide, and exit was slightly larger in offside just ahead of the shoulder. No recovery on the bullet, but based on size of holes on each size of the cage, those petals sheared and did their job.
Right on thanks for sharing
Nice buck!

Here's a playlist of 32 vids using Hammer Bullets. Going long range with the 124's tonight so hopefully video 33 can be added.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.