Hammer bullets in 308 win and 30-06

Did you ever end up finalizing this load? I am trying to run benchmark with 151 ah and would love to see where you ended up
I haven't been involved in this thread but when I first tried the 151AH I also started with benchmark. I ended up at 47gr 1/4 crimp @ 2980 fps average 1/2- 3/4" groups. After talking with Steve I moved on to PP Varmint and the TAC. Don't remember the powder charges of the top of my head but with both velocity was just north of 3100 fps. I was never able to get accuracy with Varmint (1.5-2") but was able to get sub moa (~3/4") with TAC before I quit tinkering.

Matt

You came to the same conclusion as me with the Benchmark! I was at moa accuracy but same grain weight and velocity. I like that BM is temp stable so I'm sticking with it. Nice work!

You came to the same conclusion as me with the Benchmark! I was at moa accuracy but same grain weight and velocity. I like that BM is temp stable so I'm sticking with it. Nice work!
Thanks, all. And the above is my thinking as well, and why I chose benchmark, but I really don't want to leave velocity behind because I am already running a 16 inch barrel. Is the problem that Benchmark is too fast, and if so, would 8208 or AR comp be better for the 151 AH?

I am using N550 with the 151s and they are hauling @$$ with fantastic accuracy. I doubt there is anything in North America that can shrug it off inside 500 yards. I found an accurscy node between 49 and 50 grains which is compressed but also .5 below where I got pressure signs. My average velocity out of a 22" PVA barrel is 2881 using Federal Match LRM primers. Just assorted brass I bought off Fancybrass.
Think n555 is too slow? Have a decent amount of it

Just FYI, I run the 162gr Absolute with Benchmark in my 30-06. I get 3024 fps with 0.5 moa or better (depending upon how I'm shooting that day). My 30-06 is a stock Savage with a 22" and 10 twist barrel