Hammer Bullet loads for several calibers

ncfireman83

I've tried to open the hammer bullets load data files and can't get any of the to open for me. Anyone worked up any loads for the following using Absolute or Hunters they'd be willing to share?

280ai
308 win
300 WSM

Try calling hammer bullets. They will help you out. But for the 280 AI I'm running the 140 AH with H100V a bit over 3300 FPS out of a 23" IBI 1-7.5" twist.

Try calling hammer bullets. They will help you out. But for the 280 AI I'm running the 140 AH with H100V a bit over 3300 FPS out of a 23" IBI 1-7.5" twist.
What dies are you using to seat them and what's your recipe? OAL, powder charge etc? I've read where loading the AH you have to be careful on your charge weight and I'm new to reloading so still learning how to cross reference from other similar bullet types and also burn rates for different powders etc.

Last edited:
the 308 amd the 155 I use CFE 223 and with the 280AI I will have to look
I've been loading .308 with 168 barnes TSX over 45.5g of BL-C2 with decent results (.841 avg) out of my Bergara Wilderness Ridge without playing with seating depth but I want to give Hammers a try. I plan on doing a tighter ladder test with that rifle later on but with a daughter that plays for 2 travel teams, 1 local and 1 out of VA AND school ball it's tough finding time and they would frown upon testing loads between games🤣! I bought the 166 HH for that and maybe my 300 WSM, which I'm currently shooting factory 180g fusions out of. The WSM loves that load and it's kinda one of those "if it ain't broke don't fix it" kinda deals but being able to work up a custom load is satisfying enough for me to play with it!🤣

What dies are you using to seat them and what's your recipe? OAL, powder charge etc? I've read where loading the AH you have to be careful on your charge weight and I'm new to reloading so still learning how to cross reference from other similar bullet types and also burn rates for different powders etc.
I do all my loading at a friends place as I'm a novice reloader as well. I believe I'm using Redding dies, and also Lee crimp die. Petersen brass, Federal 210, crimped in the first "valley" closest to the nose. You do need to be careful with the AH as pressure shows up fast. I am at 61 gr of H100V. Worked up higher but was finding pressure on virgin brass. Now that it's formed I think I could go higher. But it's accurate and 3300 FPS plus is ok with me. Just work up slow and watch for pressure signs.

I do all my loading at a friends place as I'm a novice reloader as well. I believe I'm using Redding dies, and also Lee crimp die. Petersen brass, Federal 210, crimped in the first "valley" closest to the nose. You do need to be careful with the AH as pressure shows up fast. I am at 61 gr of H100V. Worked up higher but was finding pressure on virgin brass. Now that it's formed I think I could go higher. But it's accurate and 3300 FPS plus is ok with me. Just work up slow and watch for pressure signs.
I just got my Lee crimp dies in today for .308 and .284. I too use Redding dies and have the master hunter with micrometer for the .280 ackley when it's done and want to get the micrometer seater for my .308 and 300 WSM at some point. I didn't know if you should seat the AH or HH with a VLD seating stem or not.