Hammer bullet for short range bear hunting

And brass is the poorest performing material we have ever tried.

Out of curiosity what was so bad about the brass? I used some of the 145gr Lehigh Controlled Chaos bullets out of my 30-06 and they killed the 4 deer I shot with them exceptionally quickly and with good accuracy and a big blood trail when they didn't drop outright.

I stopped using them as a combination of low BC and high minimum expansion basically meant they were only good sub 300 yards and I switched from the 30-06 to a 6.5 PRC. I still have 200 or so that are relegated to my lever 30-06 since I don't shoot it that far.

Out of curiosity what was so bad about the brass? I used some of the 145gr Lehigh Controlled Chaos bullets out of my 30-06 and they killed the 4 deer I shot with them exceptionally quickly and with good accuracy and a big blood trail when they didn't drop outright.

I stopped using them as a combination of low BC and high minimum expansion basically meant they were only good sub 300 yards and I switched from the 30-06 to a 6.5 PRC. I still have 200 or so that are relegated to my lever 30-06 since I don't shoot it that far.
I'm interested in his answer too but suspect you may have answered it yourself. "High minimum expansion velocity"

I'm interested in his answer too but suspect you may have answered it yourself. "High minimum expansion velocity"
That was the main reason I switched as our friends field goes out to 600 yards but like I said they did kill really well under 100 yards for the 4 deer I shot so I keep them for the close range shots.

Lehigh must have not had a market though as they did ditch most of their brass projectiles.

And the flash tips, I loved the flash tips and wish I had bought a ton.

That was the main reason I switched as our friends field goes out to 600 yards but like I said they did kill really well under 100 yards for the 4 deer I shot so I keep them for the close range shots.

Lehigh must have not had a market though as they did ditch most of their brass projectiles.

And the flash tips, I loved the flash tips and wish I had bought a ton.
They do have some legit interesting ideas that's for sure

Too hard, too light, and too brittle. The only reason I can see to use brass is it is the easiest material to machine and it is inexpensive.

This is quite stunning. I knew I lived rent free in your head. I had no idea you want to be me. I am not sure if I should be flattered or if I should start thinking about you as a stalker. Your avatar constantly changes, usually something to do with a hammer. You troll every Hammer Bullet thread, and now you change your screen name to be nearly identical to mine. This thread is so derailed it seems like a good place for you to explain your actions or should I start a new thread?

This is quite stunning. I knew I lived rent free in your head. I had no idea you want to be me. I am not sure if I should be flattered or if I should start thinking about you as a stalker. Your avatar constantly changes, usually something to do with a hammer. You troll every Hammer Bullet thread, and now you change your screen name to be nearly identical to mine. This thread is so derailed it seems like a good place for you to explain your actions or should I start a new thread?
Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Or so I've heard