Gun Tripod

I was at the Idaho sportsman's show this Saturday and saw a vendor called Rent Outdoor Gear, they had all kinds of stuff to rent. Spoke with him for several minutes they're really nice guys. here is their site: Rent Gear might want to rent one and try it out, he explained that what ever you rent if you want that piece of gear the rental fee applies to your purchase price, pretty sweet deal for those looking to try new gear without shelling out the $$$...

Anyone have a versatile gun Tripod they use, something solid and close to standing rifle shots?
Piles of options. I use a fiesol 3342, 50mm ball head, RRS mini qd arca mount. I also have played with the leveling head. The leveling head is more solid but less versatile in mountain terrain with angled shots. If stability is the primary concern, leveling head. For me this system provides the best bang for the buck when combining, function, strength, stability, weight, compactness, and cost. I've yet to see anything else compare to it but I would imagine if you create a list of things important to you, you'll find what you need.

Piles of options. I use a fiesol 3342, 50mm ball head, RRS mini qd arca mount. I also have played with the leveling head. The leveling head is more solid but less versatile in mountain terrain with angled shots. If stability is the primary concern, leveling head. For me this system provides the best bang for the buck when combining, function, strength, stability, weight, compactness, and cost. I've yet to see anything else compare to it but I would imagine if you create a list of things important to you, you'll find what you need.
Wow, surprised by total cost, guess I'll look at what's discussed and ask a few more questions. Thanks to anyone chiming in

Wow, surprised by total cost, guess I'll look at what's discussed and ask a few more questions. Thanks to anyone chiming in
Yeah, it is not a cheap rabbit hole but it is one of the best purchases I've made for gear. I have plates for the binos, spotter, thermal, video camera. Basically the idea on a tripod is the larger in diameter the base the more stabile. Fiesol does have 0 degree or 180 degree leg folding options too that allow for a little more compact carry.
BBB527E6-8363-404E-967B-7911EAE238D7.jpeg

i was also at the Idaho Expo in Boise this weekend And stopped by the RENT booth to discuss their Tripod offering. (Best outdoor Expo I've been to.) I recently purchased a used buy never used Two Vets Tripod. I have an ACRA rail (attachment rail) and a Hog Saddle (clamp for things without ACRA rail) to mount my various guns to the Tripod. I have been playing around with it to perfect my technique for getting stable shots off. It does take practice. I researched bipods as I have never seen one in the wild before. RRS (Really Right Stuff) seems to be the most popular but it is very expensive, costing +-$1000. Being budget minded, I picked up mine for $750 all included. The folds at RENT said Two Vets is made by the same manufacturer. Here is a picture with 2 of my planned guns.

Attachments

• 42B05BC4-467B-4402-A4F6-7977A67CB40D.jpeg
    42B05BC4-467B-4402-A4F6-7977A67CB40D.jpeg
    993.7 KB · Views: 103
Decide on a budget but make sure the budget includes an anvil 30 or Leofoto MA-30L head. Both amazing to shoot off of. Leofoto is a good lower priced option for a tripod, Two vets in the middle, RRS for the top.

Look into a bowl top tripod. It is a much more compact and elegant solution, I believe. I don't use yet. My next one will be a bowl top!