Shooting from tripod with gun saddle

Thank you all, this has been an overload of information, but very helpful as always

I have a patriot Valley comp 40 carbon tripod, it's about 5#, have an rrs anvil mount that mats to pic rail or arca rail. It's very solid.

Agree 100%, however not always feasible. If that's how she'll be hunting why wouldn't she practice that position, especially being 100% achievable.
The broomweed in my area is anywhere from 3-4' high this year. Prone with a bipod is certainly the ideal for accuracy but around here, most years unless you're hunting wheat fields it's simply not an option.

Pretty sure the RRS with the anvil 30 is the "gold" standard as far as a tripod shooting setup. I had the opportunity to shoot over one and compare it to my much more budget friendly Hog Saddle and Slik tripod setup. It wasn't even close as far as stability, the RRS setup is amazing. I have a little Sirui setup with a 55lb ball head that works great for coyotes under about 400 yards. Much beyond that the stability just isn't there. I use ARCA for all my connections, really easy to switch between observation and your weapon, and locks in solid.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.