Shooting from tripod with gun saddle

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Lrreloader, Dec 8, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. geocodyrgia

geocodyrgia Well-Known Member

Might be interesting for the conversation. I know these guys are more into the “game” of shooting long range, but they’ve got some good ideas on what has worked well:

https://precisionrifleblog.com/2019/02/10/rifle-bipod-tripod/

apologies if this was already posted, I didn’t read through all the replies.

2. Lrreloader

Lrreloader Well-Known Member

Thank you all, this has been an overload of information, but very helpful as always

3. highdrum

highdrum Well-Known Member

I have a patriot Valley comp 40 carbon tripod, it's about 5#, have an rrs anvil mount that mats to pic rail or arca rail. It's very solid.

4. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

The broomweed in my area is anywhere from 3-4' high this year. Prone with a bipod is certainly the ideal for accuracy but around here, most years unless you're hunting wheat fields it's simply not an option.

Boman and Bravo 4 like this.
  5. aebhunter

aebhunter Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the RRS with the anvil 30 is the "gold" standard as far as a tripod shooting setup. I had the opportunity to shoot over one and compare it to my much more budget friendly Hog Saddle and Slik tripod setup. It wasn't even close as far as stability, the RRS setup is amazing. I have a little Sirui setup with a 55lb ball head that works great for coyotes under about 400 yards. Much beyond that the stability just isn't there. I use ARCA for all my connections, really easy to switch between observation and your weapon, and locks in solid.

6. Lrreloader

Lrreloader Well-Known Member

I purchased the reaper mount and innorel tripod. Once it warms up I will post my thoughts

Boman likes this.