Gun Case Options For Long Barrels ?

Wedgy

I have a Pelican case for my long barrel guns but it won't fit in the sedan unless I fold the passenger seat down which isn't doable with a passenger. Otherwise I have to drive the truck or don't put the gun in a case. What are some of the other hard and soft cases that will fit a 32" barrel with a big scope ? Even a cheaper shell type.
Thanks

Red Oxx Gun Runner Soft Padded Nylon Rifle Case

Check with Red Oxx. Talk to them as they are about to have an extra long version. They made one up for me last month in the longer length for the same $150. This is top of the line gear. I have had their Flat Dog Gun Slip's for a few years and have been very happy with them other than are too short for our long rifles. I have given a couple of these gifts and the recipients love them. You can't beat their duffles etc either.

I got one from elite survival systems, its a soft case. Seems heavy duty to me and long in length, I got the 56 inch. The only thing I didn't like was the height, think they could have made it 1 or 2 inches higher. Mine has a inside height of about 9.5 inches. I can fit my rifle with bipod in it but its very tight to get the zipper to go over the elevation knob on my scope. Price was about 60 bucks.
Scoped Rifle Case

Check out acecase.com, I have 2 of their soft cases. Will accomadate a 33 inch barrel with a bipod, very nice cordura case for $33.00. When I travel by air I remove 1 layer of foam liner from my Cabela's aluminum case and insert rifle in Ace case inside of aluminum case no problem.

I too have a Pelican storm case on wheels and it's heavy and a PITA and you are right, don't fit in my small SUV sideways....

Last hunting trip, it traveled in a Bulldog soft case. They float btw. Nice sot cases and inexpensive too.

If I was flying, the Pelican for sure. Pelican beats everyone for outright durability against the TSA basketball players. For personal travel.... Bulldog soft case.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts