long gun case

Gixxerbob

what are you guys using for a long gun case?tr id prefer a hard case but beggars can't be choosers..
MDT ACC chassis = 30" barrel + brake = 55" long.
i was looking at a pelican im3410 but reluctant to pull the brake off all the time.

Attachments

• 20230926_205142.jpg
    20230926_205142.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
I have a ton of firearms, mostly for hunting. I use the cheapo Big5/Turners ones and they work just fine. My truck is rough riding.

The Armageddon Gear Precision Rifle Case is a soft case that comes comes in a 58" version and will hold your rifle no problem. I have one for each of my custom builds and they are some of the best American made quality/value for your money. Unless you are flying I would avoid hard cases.

The Armageddon Gear Precision Rifle Case is a soft case that comes comes in a 58" version and will hold your rifle no problem. I have one for each of my custom builds and they are some of the best American made quality/value for your money. Unless you are flying I would avoid hard cases.
Why avoid hard cases? Aside from the annoyance of storage

Why avoid hard cases? Aside from the annoyance of storage
Bulk and annoyance of storage as you mentioned, but that also translates to bulk and annoyance of transportation and space taken up in say the back of a vehicle. Weight is a factor, when they get too big but you want Pelican quality they really need the little wheels to make transportation easier. Soft cases often have pouches on the side so I typically store hardware, magazines, manuals, ammo boxes, etc specific to the rifle in each case. Hard cases can come with a variety of foam cuts which can be semi customizable, but if you change your rifle that can cause annoyances. Ones with just egg crate don't always keep the weapon centered or any other items from coming in contact with the rifle. Lastly, access as you can only get the rifle out of the hard case when it is laying flat so you can open all the latches and have enough clearance to open the lid. With a soft case like the Armageddon gear one you can slide it into the bed of the truck and unzip the back to pull the rifle out even if you have a tonneau cover which is handy when hunting. Ultimately, a quality soft case offers plenty of protection with a lot more convenience and useability.

Again, if you are flying and need it then sure, but even then I would rather put the soft case in a hard case as mentioned above.

If you are looking for a premium soft case, look at Champion's Choice deluxe soft case 58". Many F Open guys use these to protect their investments. The padding and fit is amazing. Well made and handle long scopes w/ sunshades.
The price is hard to beat. Shipping can be high on any of these long cases.

Recent Posts