Long gun case needed ? Any ideas ??

Well maybe we here at long range hunting need to send a barrage of E-mails to Hardigg and see if we can't get a case made to accomodate our longer than normal rifles. What do you think about this Idea? If they had enough people asking for them then maybe the demand would be great enough to get the ball rolling.

they were just here at the Marine Expo and they will custom design.

BH

Bounty hunter
I had em give me an esstimate of $600!!! I just told kirby to cut my barrel down with a hacksaw and ducktape the brake to it!

Longest case I ended up with was one by Doksil (??spelling) 53.5 inside Kirby has it so dont know if Ill like it. $100 looks like a peli

But still not long enough for your rig.

Thanks for your thoughts on that ! I'll check it out. Just have to firm up the exact length. I thought I needed 54 but 53.5 may work ? Do you know where I could see some pics of it ??

Cheers
DUH

Why not talk to the gunsmith building the gun and see what he suggests/uses and get one just like it?

Here is the one that Kirby recommended to me.

Its a bit heavy! but it definitely does the job. We strapped it to a John Deere Gator during our Colorado Elk hunt and it held up well and kept my 55" 338AM in perfect/pristine shape.

Long Rifle Case: beaconwwb.com

I don't know where Kirby ordered it from, but $200 was the price.

AJ

mikenc- I was told to look at the 60 " icc case for around 300 bucks. Just a bit too expensive for me and was looking at a cheaper option.

AJ- How do you find the internals of the case and general constuction ? Its always hard to tell in a pic. It sure looks the goods !

DUH

AJ- How do you find the internals of the case and general constuction ? Its always hard to tell in a pic. It sure looks the goods ! DUH[/QUOTE said:
Its a solid case, its big though, it won't fit sideways in my Superduty pickup, it has to go lengthwise. Its heavy too. But thats the price I pay for this rifle. I'll keep looking for a plastic case that will just fit, but for any type of serious travel, it will go in this case. If you want some pics of the inside, let me know and I'll take some and email. email is don_peacock at hotmail dot com.

AJ

Its a solid case, its big though, it won't fit sideways in my Superduty pickup, it has to go lengthwise. Its heavy too. But thats the price I pay for this rifle. I'll keep looking for a plastic case that will just fit, but for any type of serious travel, it will go in this case. If you want some pics of the inside, let me know and I'll take some and email. email is don_peacock at hotmail dot com.

AJ

AJ- Thanks for the kind offer, I would love to see a few pics if it wasn't to much trouble. Many thanks.

DUH

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.