long gun case

For traveling to hunts and matches via plane or truck:

FHF gear soft side inside pelican air long hard case (w/rollers). Took me a lot of cheap solutions to get to this point. I should have just went this route in the beginning. Most of my rigs are MDT and XLR folding chassis's.

Hope this helps

@Gixxerbob

I like the Bulldog Tactical cases. Plenty of pockets for gear and extremely heavy-duty for protecting your rifles. More than enough room for long scoped rifles. However, this particular case wouldn't accommodate the length of the rifle in your pic. 😐

Bulldog Amazon product ASIN B078SH6B18
IMG_2927.jpegIMG_2928.jpegIMG_2929.jpegIMG_2930.jpeg

what are you guys using for a long gun case?tr id prefer a hard case but beggars can't be choosers..
MDT ACC chassis = 30" barrel + brake = 55" long.
i was looking at a pelican im3410 but reluctant to pull the brake off all the time.
I purchased this a while back an American classic 55" double rifle bag, I believe your rifle should fit in there. I got mine from Costco, but I don't believe they are selling these anymore. It is a nice bag easily fits 3 rifles if they have gun socks and scope covers, plenty of storage for mags, bipods, range finders, etc.
1695834735184.png

i appreciate all the help guys. iv decided to order the im4310 and remove the adjustable buttpad when storing in the case.

This is a great case for the money and is 55"long.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230927_212453_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230927_212453_Chrome.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 19
No way would I fly with a soft case. Nor offroad with a soft case. I got tired of sighting in rifles from bumped scopes. Maybe on horse back with a horse I trust. I do the same with bow. My buddies hate my hard case but my pins never move.

For any distance travel by car or plane I always use Pelican hard cases. I know folks who have used the hard cases from Harbor Freight with good success. I only use soft cases when going to local ranges and hunting. Never had a problem. If I go p-dog shooting I put my three rifles in soft cases inside an inexpensive golf bag hard case. It is a little heavy but has wheels and is easy to drag in out of the truck. But is is certainly not durable enough for airline travel.

I have plenty of hard cases too. Pelican, Nanuk and Boyt. They're all great, I do prefer the Boyt's over all the others

That being said, I really only use them when flying. If I'm headed to the range it's a Plano AirGlide or a soft case. The others are just too heavy to deal with.

Soft cases would be Champions Choice or Creedmoor Sports, or Savior.

Depends on what your doing with it. If your just running back and forth to the range a good soft case will work great. If you are flying or taking it on cross country trips a good hard case is a must. Pelican, condition 1, etc...

My own peeve with soft cases, which I prefer, is that most of them have a profile that says "gun!" I buy rectangular soft cases when I can find one long enough to fit. I realize that some of them are cut that way for fit or to make them easier to drag (which I can't ever foresee needing to do!), but among other things that is what internal sleeves and/or straps are for.

I have several of the Bulldog Discrete Cases and I really like them. Wish that they made a longer version of it.

If this: https://tandkhunting.com/ is the correct T&K Hunting I'm not finding rifle cases listed anywhere. Maybe they discontinued making them?

I have a couple of the shorter American Classic cases and I like them too. Did not know that they offered a 55" Finding one at their listed retailers is proving difficult. So far Brownell's is the only retailer to list it in any color.

Nearly all of my rifles except the ARs live in a Gun Sock. I only remove them to use the rifle at the destination. They travel in whatever case in a Gun Sock.

VEVOR Rifle Case Rifle Hard Case 50 inch with 3 Layers Fully-protective Foams

Explorer Cases 15416 X-long with a 60 5/8" Internal length.