Grizzly Defcon 1 muzzle brake test.

WildBillG

So I ordered a Grizzly Gun Works muzzle brake got the Defcon 1. The barrel on my 300Wby was to light I figured to have it threaded so I got a clamp on brake. When I orderedit I was told it would be about 30 days to received it. So imagine my surprise when I got an email 14 days later saying it had been shipped. I got it and mounted it right away the fit is very snug. As of now I have only put 2 rounds through it but the recoil reduction is out of this world. My 2 shots were off hand at the shot recoil was almost nil and the muzzle actually seemed ro push down. Some friends and I are going out to sight our guns in today and I will be firing it off the bench with a better report to follow. So far I would recomend one of these brakes.

I have 3 of the grizzlies, they're awesome. My buddy put a clamp on defcon 1 on his 308, I agree, the recoil reduction is incredible

I am not much of a picture guy but googling Grizzly Gun Works will show all of his products. There were 3 of us shooting yeterday but only 1 at a time. Wefigured there was a fair amount of gas and shock at an angle back toward the nonshooter. I am pleased to say that shooting off the bench left the same impression as off hand no felt recoil. My buddy was shooting his 300 Win Mag with the old style brake and thoughy it did a good job of taming the recoil. Then he tried my 300Wby with the Defcon 1 and could not beleive there was no recoil. I beleive the Defcon 1 is probably louder and more disruptive to those around you but a better brake at taming recoil. We never did a test to see if it would disturb dust and dirt when fired. This being a claim of many of the brakes now less dust and dirt in the prone position when shooting. Time will tell but so far the brake has not moved either one worry I did have.

Canhunter it was under your advise I ordered this brake. My feeling is it tamed recoil better then you described and that is very nice. Thank you for your good advice.

Glad ur happy with it. I also think the defcon is more effective than the grizzly but at the cost of a little more muzzle blast.
The noise redirector they make is a slick invention too

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.