Got it done at 1,260 yards

Epic seems like an understatement! I remember the first time I saw a Marco Polo sheep mount at my friends dad's house. I thought it was fake like a Jackalope or something I did not think sheep could grow horns that big. And to pull off a shot like that under such adverse conditions is really incredible.

I'd love to believe the store and pictures here, but when looking at the rifle I notice a gold ring on the scope? Lord knows there's no way you constantly practiced dialing that over the summer without at least 10 failures so not sure these shots were possible. Please photo shop the gold ring off the scope before posting another picture!🤣🤣

In all seriousness congrats on the kills and shots! Amazing story!

Ryan
All gear, especially the scope, performed flawlessly at the moment of truth, as well as all summer. Trip of my lifetime 🐏

I killed an elk at almost 12k feet this year. It sure made for a pretty ballistic calculation!

Here's my question…lots of outfitters have a draw blood policy. Did that outfitter? If so, I'm surprised you were able to walk uphill with those 2 bowling balls hanging between your legs!!!! 😂

Incredible shot, better pictures. Very well done!

I killed an elk at almost 12k feet this year. It sure made for a pretty ballistic calculation!

Here's my question…lots of outfitters have a draw blood policy. Did that outfitter? If so, I'm surprised you were able to walk uphill with those 2 bowling balls hanging between your legs!!!! 😂

Incredible shot, better pictures. Very well done!
Ballistics were tough, lots of trial and error, but the boys a Bang Steel's expertise delivered huge. Yes and no on draw blood - HTF is going to hike up 2+ hours to search for blood at the top of a 17k' mountain ? But yes, it was a risky shot and reason I trained all summer for that "last chance, he's headed over the skyline" shot. Since you did it, the altitude kicked my ***. I'll never again watch Everest videos and ask "Why are those guys walking so slow ?"😜

Then gents at Bang Steel in SW Va custom made me a dope chart for that elevation. Great team effort between kit, rifle, bullets and their expertise of long range shooting. Very blessed and lucky that it all came together in under 60 seconds at the moment of truth. I'd rather be lucky than good any day ;-)
I very much respect your humbleness Doug, but I see a man dedicated to achieving his dreams and I think your determination along with your hard work and dedication made those dreams come true. Thank you for sharing your life experience with us. Something alot of us will never be able to experience. God bless.

I very much respect your humbleness Doug, but I see a man dedicated to achieving his dreams and I think your determination along with your hard work and dedication made those dreams come true. Thank you for sharing your life experience with us. Something alot of us will never be able to experience. God bless.
I was beyond privileged, fortunate, lucky and blessed ………