URSA NorCal Recap from 3 Jul - getting it done at 2586 yards!

ELR Researcher

3 July 2016 - Recap of NorCal July '16 Shoots (by SW RD, Lynn Dragoman, minor edits by Facilitator)

We had 7 shooters today but only 5 competing. In match 1 WhiteMamba got 4/10 and Lynn got 5/7 (then stopped shooting to save his good ammo for 2586 yards). We held a second match before we moved back and WhiteMamba won that easily with twice as many hits as the next best Shooter. Congrats to WhiteMamba on your match 2 win!!!!

We then had to pack up our gear and drive up the mountain to finish match 1. WhiteMamba and Lynn each had 3/10 hits at 2586 yards, so we went to sudden death. WhiteMamba got a hit on his 3rd shot giving him the win and the most hits so far at 2586 yards.

Killemall413 and his buddy Steve showed up too late to compete but we had Steve shooting at 2586 yards with BigRed, my 50 BMG heavy gun.

The weather today was 70 degrees at 6:30 AM and 96 when we finished shooting. A block of ice the size of a closed fist would last one pass up and down my barrel before it was completely melted.

Congrats to WhiteMamba on his two wins today making him the King of 2054 yards and King of 2586 yards.

Lights functioned perfectly today for the second straight time so hopefully that issue is now behind us.

I tried getting a short video of the lights flashing with my cell phone but it still isn't working. I tried doing it through my scope as well and no joy either. [Stills in the Gallery - http://www.unlimitedrange.org/gallery.html]

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.