Good news thread

Only needed 5 pounds of Hodgdon 100V to try out the Absolute Hammers and load for my lifetime. Could have gotten 16 pounds. But in reality, if this powder is the answer, hunting opportunity in AZ is pretty poor for big game draws. 5 pounds is a lot of hunting loads I may never use all of.
I have 7 pounds of 1OOV that I don't have a use for.

I'm going to hold off buying any powder until the price subsides a little. Paying $40+ per lb doesn't digest very well. I've got 50+ lbs in my stockpile and 10,000+ primers so I can wait them out for a couple of years. I will need to replenish my supply of Barnes TTSX bullets which I use for hunting as I'm down to a couple of hundred in some of my calibers. I've got thousands of practice bullets and if I have to I'll load some of them up for states outside of Calif. which requires non lead...
I hear ya on the $40 a pound+ thing on powder...
only 50# of powder and 10K in primers???Those are rookie numbers in these parts; you've gotta pump those numbers up a bit...

Today, on a mission to deliver a rifle for a new barrel, I stopped at 3 stores looking for .17 HMR ammo. I did not find any .17 HMR's but I found a total of 5 boxes (100 ea.) of .204 Hornady 32 VMax bullets. Having an adequate supply of the 32's I did not buy them - this might be an indication of better days ahead.

This past weekend I found CCI450 (SR Mag) and CCI500 (SP) at what I thought were normal prices compared to some that I've seen. The 450's were $60 a brick and the 500's were $50. Made me feel better about our situation.
Today I went to another gun shop and all he had was LP & LP Mag, for $20 a sleeve (100)! I think he needs them more than me.
Another local shop I stopped by last week had one brick of the Fiocchi "green", SP Heavy Metal Free for a whopping $350. SR CCI were $200. I know the guy pretty good and we talk a lot. I asked him if that was real and he said "that's what I got in 'em". I didn't really know how to respond to that so I just told him "Good luck" and changed the subject.

Optics planet has 9 of the 12.5" AR10 barrels ballistic advantage carbine length, great fire balls of fun and great for a truck gun build! Thanks for the APB on burger hunting bullets at midway!

Last edited:
My neighbor's mother past away a couple months ago. He was cleaning out the house and found 2000 rounds of CCI Green Tag 22LR ammo. His mother shot in competition with 45ACP, 22LR, and shotgun. He never got into guns. He asked if I wanted the 22's. I looked at him and said.....hell yea! He say a hundred bucks and it's your's. I can't wipe the grin off my face.

My neighbor's mother past away a couple months ago. He was cleaning out the house and found 2000 rounds of CCI Green Tag 22LR ammo. His mother shot in competition with 45ACP, 22LR, and shotgun. He never got into guns. He asked if I wanted the 22's. I looked at him and said.....hell yea! He say a hundred bucks and it's your's. I can't wipe the grin off my face.
Now that's a find and a heck of a bargain.

I finally found some H1000. Bought 5 pounds from Midsouth late last week. Today I bought 10 boxes of 30 caliber TTSX 130 gr. from Midsouth. Looking for some .277 110 gr. TTSX bullets.
So your the guy who stole my H1000!!! Had it in my cart and when I checked out it said they were out of stock. Guess I'll have to be faster next time. Enjoy the range time.

I am happy to report my own bit of good news.. I went to BP this morning, got there at 10 minutes AFTER opening. By then, there was a long line to get to buy ammo. I watched all kinds of folks walking around with 5 - 8 boxes of ammo in their hands while I waited in line. But still, when I finally got to the aisle, there was a good amt of ammo left. Picked up 5 boxes of 45 acp. There was a lot of .223, .308, 9mm and other popular assorted calibers still on the shelf (don't need any at the moment at the moment). There were even bricks of primers. Could have gotten a brick of magnum rifle, but it was match and I'm too cheap to pay 64 bucks. Unfortunately, the ONE caliber I need, .300 Win Mag, they did not get any of in their shipment last night. Still, I left very hopeful for the future.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.