Good news thread

I got (5) one pounders of H8431C the other day and sold to an active Warrant Officer in the Army, then today I receive (5) one pounders of Stabal 6.5 along with an 8 lb jug of HV100 AND on PV got an 8 lb jug of H4350 in my cart- didn't get to check out but it is still in my cart several hours later. I am not HOaRDING, but getting powder off the web and passing it along to local hunters/shooters that are working and can't get on the web to buy powder. I don't charge a penny more and costs me gas & time to pass it along. I also traded several thousand bullets with LRH members the past week. I have some pistol primers to trade, too bad that you have to be certified to ship powder and primers. The scalpers woiuld be out of business with "US" hunter/shooters trading between each other. Things are looking up if we all stay together and DON'T pay SCALPER PRICES. I hope that all those scalper gun shop that are buying up the primers and powder get stuck with their hoards of stock. We all should try and not buy powder until it is under $200 shipped/hazmat for 8 lb jugs and $30 to $60 for a brick of primers depending on the brand and type.

Scored 143 grain ELD-X 6.5 from Midway today
yup... saw those and let them sit... The 6.5 creed we have is for my kid to shoot, and the eld-x are getting a bit spendy to punch paper with when a 12 year old is shooting on Dad's budget. I'll let him shoot up the last few hundred bullets he has and revisit the load at that time. Heck, the creed may be going down the river by then anyway! The last kid to shoot the creed (my 18 year old) graduated to a 7rem lately. They also have hundreds of 25 wssm and 270win rounds to shoot (besides the 7rem) so they will not be wanting if they run the creed dry.

I finally found some H1000. Bought 5 pounds from Midsouth late last week. Today I bought 10 boxes of 30 caliber TTSX 130 gr. from Midsouth. Just need some .277 110 gr. TTSX and I'm pretty much set!
I've seen 130 gmx pills for halfway decent $$ lately... They run fine through my Tikka 270... I'm not sure how much Barnes is producing right now, since they were part of Remington when that ship sank. Sierra should be getting them going but who, what, when, where, etc. will matter on them getting product on the shelves. I only have a couple hundred 300txs for my 375 so I'll be a bit worried if they don't get up and running myself.

I've seen 130 gmx pills for halfway decent $$ lately... They run fine through my Tikka 270... I'm not sure how much Barnes is producing right now, since they were part of Remington when that ship sank. Sierra should be getting them going but who, what, when, where, etc. will matter on them getting product on the shelves. I only have a couple hundred 300txs for my 375 so I'll be a bit worried if they don't get up and running myself.
I've been buying Barnes since January. They come in waves. I sure hope Sierra keeps them going though. I've been shooting Barnes for almost 20 years.

I did some searching on here and a group on the book face, to find brass, after recently being removed from a back order. Within a couple hours I had about 90 once fired and a another hundred new on its way!

My buddy just got a brick of cci small pistol magnum primers today from sportsman's warehouse! He just randomly stopped in.

While my trip was a few weeks ago, I also had luck at Sportsman's Warehouse! CCI Small Pistol Magnum - limit one brick per person - $23.99 each! They also had CCI Maxi-Mag 22 WMR for $12.99 each, limit two per person.

My wife and I both bought the limit of each. $52.97 OTD for a brick of primers and two boxes of 22WMR!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.