Good factory rifle?

Lot's of good advice here. I like the Savage ultralight and someone mentioned saving a little more for a seekins havoc, I like them too. I'd go 300win mag for ammo availability.

I've got several of the "new" Featherweights. Great rifles although the new stocks leave a little to be desired. Schnabel is more like a Model 7 now. I have two of them in 7x57 and they shoot. Glass bedded properly and FF...49grs of H4350 and 140gr Accubonds. Deadly combo.

Tikka T3x lite, XBolt or Vanguard all fit the bill. I have a few of each. They are all good shooting. And they all come in under his price range leaving money for quality optics.

Vanguard will come in under under 1200 leaving some change for a scope. If you want to spend all of the 1200 you can get a fancier fluted, cerakoted one. Semi lightweight or actually light? Kimber Hunter will be light. I really like my Kimber but my wife's Vanguard will shoot circles around it.

So my neighbor has about $1200 to spend for a semi light weight rifle to use for mostly elk and deer. He does not reload and already has a scope. Something he can shoot up to 600 or so yards. I never buy factory rifles so I don't know what's out there. I was thinking a Savage Ultralight in 300 WSM and put a muzzle brake on it. Is there decent factory ammo for that or no? He could go 300 PRC too. I can usually find ammo if needed. Any suggestions or anything coming out that might be around that price range ish? Is the factory ammo in 300 WSM pretty short COAL where it will be a turd? Looking for a bare rifle under 8lbs. Any 30 cal rifle suggestions?

Thanks, Cory
Weatherby Vanguards... 300 win, 300 Weatherby,

Another vote for the Weatherby vanguard. They stopped making them last year, but if you can find a Vanguard accugaurd, they are stainless, #3 profile with straight flutes, bell and Carlson stocks, the adjustable 2 stage triggers are excellent, and will come in at around $900 new.

Savage factory or call Savage custom and have one made, either way you can stay in that budget. I have a 300wsm they made up for me, solid out 1000 yards on steel.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.