Good 200-500 scope

superlite17

Anybody over here want to comment on glass? I would love to be around $300 but could go to $500, if my marriage could stand it!

As always, thank you ALL - Rod

Superlite,
Good glass is expensive. Especially for LR. I've always wanted to try the Bushnell 4200 series scopes. My buddy has one on his 6mmBR and it's a most impressive rig. I mostly have Leupolds right now, however, I do own a Nikon Monarch UCC 6.5-20x44 (fine crosshair) and it's just as gooda' glass as the Leuy's. Very consistent.
What are you looking to mount it on and what power range are you looking at? JohnnyK.

I've got a Cabela's Alaskan Guide Premium scope in 6.5-20 on my 204 Ruger. It has very similar clarity to a VX III and cost about $360 (the 4.5-14 costs $320). My scope has small turrets on it too. I like the glass and fine reticle, the only draw back is they are only available in 1" tube with 40mm objective. They are at least worth a look the next time you are near a Cabelas.

I got this posting of 6mmbr. I have a weaver with this varmint dot, its 1/8 dot your eye goes right to it.
"Natchez Shooters Supplies has a great deal right now on the Weaver 6-20×40 Grand Slam scope. It's priced at $299.00, which is $100.00 off the regular price, and $55 less than the lowest price we found anywhere else. This is a good, durable scope for field use, with multi-coated optics. The sale unit, item SN800592, is the Target/Varminter in the Grand Slam line, featuring low profile target-style finger controls and 1/8 minute of angle (MOA) adjustments. This model has a matte silver finish, fine crosshair with dot reticle, and an adjustable objective. Eye relief is 3-2.75", overall length is 14.25", and the scope weighs just 18 ounces. Note, Natchez also has the Weaver T-24 target scope on sale at $299.00, item SN849989, but that is currently out of stock." 6mmbr editor.

I know this is ignorant but, what are turrets?

Also, i used to read mixed reviews on the weavers, but lately EVERYTHING is GREAT, must have really turned things around. I believe Bushnell use to manufacture for them, Anybody know who is making them now?

Turrents=targetknobs,dial windage& elevation etc. Just remember the Weaver turrents dials are not zero-able. Meaning once you've established your desired zero, you loosen the dial and set for zero marker Normally. Not with the Weavers, except their target scopes I believe. So you will have to keep track how many minutes of elevation you go up, when shooting longer range. So you can return to your origial zero. Hope that was clear.

I picked up a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18 power with side focus for a trade value of 300$. His sticker said $319. I think that it is very clear and the side focus is handy for dialing it up. I don't know if it tracks well yet as I don't have it sighted in yet. But I was very skeptical on the glass portion of it and it seems great for 300$.

Joe Oakes

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts