Good 1” Rings

To mount a 1,200.00 scope on a 1,000.00 rifle I would call Richard Near and see if he makes an Alphamount for Bergara.

Once you try it you'll never look a scope mounts the same again

Good luck and shoot straight y'all

What is you alls opinion on using reducer rings? Better to just go with a set that's the right size or do the reducers work well?

I would avoid them if you can. I know many people have used them successfully, but you are introducing one more element to go wrong in probably the most fragile/sensitive aspect of your rifle set up.

Been looking around for a good set of 1" scope rings and it seems they aren't nearly as plentiful as all the 30mm options. Been looking at the Warne Mountain Tech's rings and base. Are those a good option or should I look into something else?

Setup will be a Swaro Z5i 2.4-12x50 on a Bergara Terrain in .308. I'm going to use a std. base with no cant. Think I can get away with medium height rings?

Thanks for the help guys!
Yes there great rings

A Murphy Precision rail and use MDT premier scope rings. Go to Tube video "1 inch rifle scope rings for picatinny rail mounting from MDT" and check them out.

Been looking around for a good set of 1" scope rings and it seems they aren't nearly as plentiful as all the 30mm options. Been looking at the Warne Mountain Tech's rings and base. Are those a good option or should I look into something else?

Setup will be a Swaro Z5i 2.4-12x50 on a Bergara Terrain in .308. I'm going to use a std. base with no cant. Think I can get away with medium height rings?

Warne are quality rings ,only thing I don't like is where they place their screws ! My favorite bases and rings are Talley ! You can't go wrong with them !

DNZ. In my humble opinion the best one for the money.
Unfortunately they are a little hard to get here in Europe/Denmark. I've been waiting for almost 6 months now, for 3 sets of rings, so that I can exchange some of the other great rings on my rifles.... Get them in 1", 30 mm or 34 mm. Love'em :)

Probably not what you looking for but, I have a pair of Leupold double dovetail 1" rings and 2pc Bases off of a Winchester LA In excellent condition. $25.00 shipping included

If you want something Badger/Seekins/Nightforce quality, then go with an American Rifle Company set:

https://www.americanrifle.com/shop/product/m10-scope-rings-7?category=3

I used to be a Seekins guy but won't go back now that I run the ARC's.

As far as clearance goes, I can't say. Typically a 50mm objective on a 30mm tube I can get away with medium height rings on a 20 MOA base. Otherwise its fairly subjective company to company, how low you want your scope, etc. If you have a base picked out, ARC has a guide on the above link for choosing the right ring height.
Great products love their rings and most of all made in USA.

Wow! We have had really great suggestions in this thread. The amount of money you pay does not necessarily reflect the gripping force of the rings you are buying. So be careful not to think that more money you pay--the better the rings for holding your scope. I will comment on the suggestions that I have used and still use.
1. Light Aluminum--I have a lot of Talleys. Never had once bit of trouble from any of them. At one time I thought they were the very best lightweight aluminum option. And sometimes they still are, but if you can get these:
2. DNZ Especially DNZ Tactical. Two reasons why these surpass Talley: A) Bigger screws with bigger threads--massive holding power. B) Lower one-piece mounts than Talley. If you want your scope mounted low, you want DNZ

Also it is not big metal or big screws that always wins out on gripping power. Synthetic Inserts increase the hold without increasing weight of rings/screws. The Burrris Signature 1" rings with inserts are just marvelous. My 270 WSM in these has not shifted POI at least 15 years and still shoots 1/3 MOA every year.

I have not used Burris Tactical but six screws seems like it will do the job with authority. Pricier, but I would think they are really good.

Sometimes you have to go outside the crowd to get a scope mounted as low as you want. Mounted my ancient Burris Signature 4-16X with Leupold bases and BSquare 1"rings. And it is about as low as limbo. Tried the Cornstarch trick! Let ya'll know how that turns out, but so far I'm hitting at 400 with it so, so far, so good.
T9zaDJkh.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.