Rings for a good price?

tommyc279

I am having trouble deciding what rings to buy. I have a Savage LRP 6.5 creedmoor and I am going to run Sightron glass. The scope is the 10x42 mmd with 30 mm tube. I have tried Burris Tac rings, warne rings, luepold and I seem to like the Burris Signature with inserts the best. Are these a good choice for a long range setup, or would the Burris tac be a better choice? Price is a factor but more important than anything is a simple strong setup. Not fancy or into looks just want performance. Thanks for any input!

I like the Talley lightweight rings. The ones I have are the one piece unit, very light and they seem very strong. Burris is good too. You shouldn't need "tactical" rings with your setup, recoil shouldn't be an issue.

I have the Burris Signature rings on a 300 WM, 7 SAUM, 6.5-284, 6.5 WSSM, 243 and soon on a 260. My opinion "If it ain't broke don't fix it" Till I have a problem with them they'll be what I continue to use.

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.