Good base and rings for Rem 700?

cbaker

I need a good set of bases and rings for a Remington 700 Sendero Long Action. What does everyone recommend. I want to mount a 1" zeiss conquest. Thanks.

I'm a fan of Talley. I have their stuff on two rifles, and another set coming for a new Kimber. I have one set of Burris Signature rings on another Kimber, and am underwhelmed with the workmanship as compared to Talley.

Talley bases have a recoil shoulder to keep the rings in place during recoil. The rings are quick release with either a lever or screw. Rings will then go on or off with no change in zero. All Talley rings are line bored from the solid stock, then machined. That is why Talley rings are well known for their holding ability of scopes known to crawl (such as Swarovski) during recoil. Excellent rings and bases, but a little more pricey than Leupold. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif <font color="black"> </font>

cbaker ,
one of my favorite base and ring set up's for a rem 700 is leupold dual dove tail bases with burris dual dove tail signature rings with inserts. with the inserts you can correct for Remington's inability to drill 4 holes in a straight line and also add a bit of elevation if you choose,and as a bonus it holds your scope very securely without ring marks.
B

I say Conetrol or Badger Ord.

"But sakofan, aren't B.O. bases/rings used ONLY on tactical rifle setups??" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
NEGATIVE!!!!

My Rem. 700 loves the P rail and Badger rings. Swapping scopes out is very easy too. Hunting season I run an Aimpoint ML2 on my 700, and when I want to switch to my USO scope, I do so. No problems. Picatinney rails are awesome!! I'm surprised more folks don't use them.

The Aimpoint has a LaRue Tactical mount, which is the heat too.

Classic hunting setup Conetrol. If you want to "kick it up a notch", try the tactical route and run Badger's. Lots and lots of options!!!..sakofan...Good luck!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.