Good 1” Rings

jlarose85

Been looking around for a good set of 1" scope rings and it seems they aren't nearly as plentiful as all the 30mm options. Been looking at the Warne Mountain Tech's rings and base. Are those a good option or should I look into something else?

Setup will be a Swaro Z5i 2.4-12x50 on a Bergara Terrain in .308. I'm going to use a std. base with no cant. Think I can get away with medium height rings?

Thanks for the help guys!

Bump. Anyone got any suggestions? Most of the brands that I would normally go to (Badger, Seekins, Nightforce) don't make rings for a 1" tube.

If you want something Badger/Seekins/Nightforce quality, then go with an American Rifle Company set:

https://www.americanrifle.com/shop/product/m10-scope-rings-7?category=3

I used to be a Seekins guy but won't go back now that I run the ARC's.

As far as clearance goes, I can't say. Typically a 50mm objective on a 30mm tube I can get away with medium height rings on a 20 MOA base. Otherwise its fairly subjective company to company, how low you want your scope, etc. If you have a base picked out, ARC has a guide on the above link for choosing the right ring height.

Man, those look nice! Never heard of them before. Definitely putting those in the mix!

as far as height, I'm just wanting to get the scope as close to the bore as I can. Might have to wait until I get the rifle and base to measure it up.

Might not be what you're looking for, but these Leupold rings and bases work great on my general-purpose 30-06 Remington hunting rifle:

5soMwIvh.jpg

Guy

Also - for over 20 years I've used a set of Badger Ord rings on one of their rails, on my 308 precision rifle.

I got the rings with their 1" inserts because back then, I was only using 1" tubes, 30mm scopes weren't as common. More recently I switched to a 30mm scope on it. The Badgers have been rock-solid for a couple of decades for me. I believe at one time they were avail in 1", but perhaps not. That purchase was a long time ago. I do know that the inserts held nice and solid through a lot of rough use.

Regards, Guy

Also - for over 20 years I've used a set of Badger Ord rings on one of their rails, on my 308 precision rifle.

I got the rings with their 1" inserts because back then, I was only using 1" tubes, 30mm scopes weren't as common. More recently I switched to a 30mm scope on it. The Badgers have been rock-solid for a couple of decades for me. I believe at one time they were avail in 1", but perhaps not. That purchase was a long time ago. I do know that the inserts held nice and solid through a lot of rough use.

Regards, Guy

Badger does have reducer rings but I was trying to avoid having to go that route. Something about it just rubs me wrong I guess. Kind of the one more thing to go wrong thing in my head.

Warne, Leupold, or Vortex all make sturdy rings that should work well for hunting/GP. If you are looking for competition level rings, other folks on here can probably point you toward 1" rings that are next level. Also, Leupold's site used to have a section that was pretty helpful with clearance questions.

Thanks for the help fellas! Much appreciated.

What is you alls opinion on using reducer rings? Better to just go with a set that's the right size or do the reducers work well?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.