Golden Eagles take down wolf

There's exception to everything but i've had game chickens since a kid and the hens will absolutely throttle a raptor and send him packing if not crippled.My asil rooster years back stomped a goshawk to death when he flew in the coop and hit a hen, a game rooster knows no fear as does a hen with chicks, a hen turkey will kill raptors when chicks are attacked . Mothers👍 love. This rooster here never had a hen killed by a raptor in almost a decade despite being free ranged mostly except at night, he would take his death on anything the line continues .
Yes, but should he ever be so unfortunate as to encounter a Golden Eagle, his demise will be certain, and in short order.

WOW, Golden Eagles in your back yard.
We have a pair of Red Tail Hawks around our property. They hunt as a pair. A squirrel will see one and run around to the other side of the tree and the other hawk will get um.
I walked out the driveway on day and all of a sudden these giant wings came out of the brush carrying something with four legs and a tail. It flew fast through the trees and i could not get a good look at what it had in it's claws. I frequed out. Thought it was one of the big Red Tails flying away with Calli Ann our Cat. I had to leave for a business meeting and could not look to see if Calli was still here. I was worried all day. When I got home later that day, I whistled for Calli, and she came running out of the woods. Must have been a Possum that the Red Tail caught
We are starting to get a good population of bald Eagles here in Alabama. Really cool to see them. Ever around the lake Guntersville area check out the state park area.

We are starting to get a good population of bald Eagles here in Alabama. Really cool to see them. Ever around the lake Guntersville area check out the state park area.
A red tail cant carry more than their weight which is tops at 3 pounds.
Yes, but should he ever be so unfortunate as to encounter a Golden Eagle, his demise will be certain, and in short order.
Yes , maybe but I can assure you one thing if a game rooster got in just one hit with a two to 3 inch spur he would succumb, go on you tube you'll see a Harpy eagle get beat silly by a hen. Exceptions but nothing is written in stone.And besides a game rooster doesn't care to get killed, just saying they're amazing birds.

My wife volunteered at a bird rescue and helped rehabilitate injured raptures and song birds. She tells the story of a recoving Great Horned owl clamping onto a vets gloved wrist. They tried everything to get the owl to let go - no luck. After 1.5 hours they had to euthanize the owl.

If the Eagle gets the wolf by the head it will crush the skull with its talons!
Not a chance , all hype I've seen many goldens in Montana and Idaho impressive but overhyped, a young wolf maybe , full grown not happening. Opinions are like noses we all got one and i'm sticking to mine.

My wife volunteered at a bird rescue and helped rehabilitate injured raptures and song birds. She tells the story of a recoving Great Horned owl clamping onto a vets gloved wrist. They tried everything to get the owl to let go - no luck. After 1.5 hours they had to euthanize the owl.
I'm going to dispute that as soon as i find the picture these raptors are not super human, I had a great horned own hit a glass window chasing a bird, I put a pair of fireplace gloves on he clamped down tight but no feat to get him to release his hold. And The vet didn't do his job properly as I have a neighbor who runs a huge practice in the country, a small dose of ketamine and the owl would be as relaxed as a newborn baby after eating. Also a few years back a juvenile bald eagle , no white head but full size flew into a tennis net and became entangled, the animal warden wasn't available two of us went both cops, I untangled him with a pair of leather gloves and despite his grip he never broke skin,penetrated all the way through and was released unharmed. Raptors are strong no doubt, but they use the force of their aerial attack to stun the prey and then work them over with the talons, strong yes but a little over dramatized, a malay rooster at 3 feet tall would kill an eagle with one blow, and it would be difficult to surprise one, same with a Shamo game rooster a hen wild turkey will attack a bear after her chicks, may die but not afraid, hens turkeys meet descending raptors in mid air and thwart attacks. Exceptions to every rule.Think outside the box answers are there.

How many think that Golden Eagles are only found in the West?
Not me found worldwide, seen them in Ireland, England ,Scotland and Wales , as well as South America, Chile and Argentina, unlike USA they don't put up with their predation of lambs, and other forms of livestock.Plenty where I live they don't bother anything but fish and carrion, and I enjoy feeding them coyotes in the winter when food is scarce. Ten pounds is a good sized eagle be it bald or golden it's the wingspan that makes them appear more than they are nevertheless an efficient predator on things they can overpower.

Not me found worldwide, seen them in Ireland, England ,Scotland and Wales , as well as South America, Chile and Argentina, unlike USA they don't put up with their predation of lambs, and other forms of livestock.Plenty where I live they don't bother anything but fish and carrion, and I enjoy feeding them coyotes in the winter when food is scarce. Ten pounds is a good sized eagle be it bald or golden it's the wingspan that makes them appear more than they are nevertheless an efficient predator on things they can overpower.
Well apparently they think they can over power a whitetail deer.
Because a group of us while glassing a hillside across a valley from where we were, observed one during the Pa. buck season attempting to take out what appeared to be a yearling deer. It went on for quite awhile, and the only thing that saved the deer were patches of thick brush in an otherwise open area.
Another friend hunting alone saw one attempt to take a mature buck, but again trees saved the deer.
Apparently they migrate thru that area from places in Canada during the fall.
But that was the first and only time i ever saw one there.
I have seen quite a few of them while hunting in Montana.
They will quickly shut down the prairie dogs when they show up.

Well apparently they think they can over power a whitetail deer.
Because a group of us while glassing a hillside across a valley from where we were, observed one during the Pa. buck season attempting to take out what appeared to be a yearling deer. It went on for quite awhile, and the only thing that saved the deer were patches of thick brush in an otherwise open area.
Another friend hunting alone saw one attempt to take a mature buck, but again trees saved the deer.
Apparently they migrate thru that area from places in Canada during the fall.
But that was the first and only time i ever saw one there.
I have seen quite a few of them while hunting in Montana.
They will quickly shut down the prairie dogs when they show up.
You see lots of unusual things when you put your time in outdoors, the buck was in no danger however , birds almost any frequently attack prey they think they can overcome when in fact they can't , eagles while efficient predators usually prey on animals they can overpower quickly and have limited defense mechanisms. Go on you tube and see what game roosters attack, anything including horses, harpy eagles, cows, cats, dogs etc.Many times winning, research a Liege fighter gamecock, mine has thwarted dozens of raptor attacks in a years time, 12 lbs 24 inches tall he's serious. Bred to protect against raptors, however no match for canine predators, etc. But he'll make an attempt, eagles the same.

My FIL had a great horned clamp down on his bare hand, he almost killed it ,but pried the talons off with wooden pencils.They rehabbed it at home in a chicken wire cage.Fed it hamburger.Then released after wing healed. We use to have 100's of bald eagles come feed on the Kokanee salmon, not far from where I live.

You don't have to believe the GH owl story, my wife was there and saw it happen.
Golden eagles are a daily sighting if you are outside for more than 2 hours, where I live. Bald eagles come around in the winter, but not too much in the summer.
According to WY G&F Golden Eagles are the #1 predator for mountain goats and young big horn sheep

You don't have to believe the GH owl story, my wife was there and saw it happen.
Golden eagles are a daily sighting if you are outside for more than 2 hours, where I live. Bald eagles come around in the winter, but not too much in the summer.
According to WY G&F Golden Eagles are the #1 predator for mountain goats and young big horn sheep
Agreed, not entirely disputing your story, but any DVM, wouldn't put down a raptor owl, a shot of ketamine done I live surrounded in the countryside quite a few vets. The vet should have his/her license suspended. And knowing quite a bit about raptors having studied them extensively in college, as well as being involved in falconry, once again most raptors are opportunistic, they're stealthy and look for non confrontational prey, what's more non confrontational than baby, lambs and goats. Unfortunately many don't survive during lambing season out west, despite being a Federal offense they shoot them, especially during lambing season, they're gone the next day coyotes eat them. I would never harm a raptor but go out of my way to feed them. 👍