getting into 50 bmg

myrifleisLapua

Well i seen the Noreen ulr 50 bmg and read the reviews. Their pretty good and I like the looks of the rifle.price is not bad at 2499$ been looking at amax rounds for target shooting and . Linked ammo for just hitting stuff. But decided reman ammo would be safer(no hang fires) than old powdered surplus. From what I seen remanufactured stuff runs about 3.50$ rd and surplus 2.79$+ rd . Think I'll spend the extra .70$ for piece of mind. Also I read not to fire heavy ball made from deminican republic because ItS degraded powder. But I seen these and wonder if they are safe
10 rds 50 BMG Yellow Tip AP Heavy Ball FRESH! : Rifle Ammunition at GunBroker.com

Not yet. Won't be in the market for one for another 3 months . I'm pretty dead set on the Noreen though. Also looking at the Nikon 8-32 . Just ran across a thread about the yellow tips being bad . Some said they were oversized others said it was bad powder etc. Though reman ammo should be OK. My 338 lapua just wasnt big enough lol.I just seen your pm wolfman

I am not familiar with the Noreen, but will look into it.

Unless you are trying to shoot 1000+ yards surplus ammo will do just fine for "shooting things"

I have shoot surplus ammo from around the world. Argentina, Korea, Isreal, Russia and have not experience a hang fire with any of it. I have shot all the tracers, red, yellow and brown with no issues.

At $2400 what kind of accuracy are you looking for? What is the noreen designed to do < 2 MOA? I shoot two Barretts and a Macmillian, and not all 50 BMGs like the A-max. You will just have to find out what yours likes best unless you want to reload it yourself.

LM

Accuracy along the lines of the other singleshot bolt actions m99, ar50 ,serbu or, well havnt read accuracy reports on 50bmg uppers.the noreen ulr has some good feedback.i like the way it looks also albeit bland camo job lol. Nothing cerakite cant fix. But im thinking of putting off a 50 purchase till income tax. And in the mean time putting a better optic on the m70 30-06

Hows the new ball m33 shoot like barrets m33 ammo or similar?
Looked at alot of scopes. Think my choice is leupold vx3 3.5-14x40 m1 turrents and #1 recticle .
I have a place to shoot to 1500 yards also.

I can't tell any difference in the m33 Ammos by govt or Barrett . There are some good smaller ammo makers out there. Reliant and thunder ammo come to mind.

I suggest that you get the rifle and chronograph some ammo with a low cost scope. Once you find something your rifle likes you can determine what you might need in terms if elevation. My Barrett's came with relative cheap glass on them that was excellent out to 1000 yards. Once you have that dialed in, you will probably want better glass to get out to 1500- 2500 yards and you will need more elevation.

I will quote tj pulling from tiger valley in Waco tx,"shooting a 50 is like a prom date with big tits, everyone wants to look and everyone wishes they were you", Get back online once you get the rifle and give us a report on how it shoots.

LM

I will update but it will be awhile lol. I liked the 338 lapua
But it still looked like a hunting rifle size wise. When you see a fifty every knows its a fifty.
i always buy big guns. Had 3 10ga shotguns last year.soldem to buy the lapua.
i hear shooting 5gallon buckets of water out to 500-1000 yards is a hoot with a bmg

I will update but it will be awhile lol. I liked the 338 lapua
But it still looked like a hunting rifle size wise. When you see a fifty every knows its a fifty.
i always buy big guns. Had 3 10ga shotguns last year.soldem to buy the lapua.
i hear shooting 5gallon buckets of water out to 500-1000 yards is a hoot with a bmg
So now you have to ask Len to edit your name to myrifleisBMG........:D

Probably more like " wileycoyotes50cal" haha. I talked to mark serbu. He said he could also build a 14.5mm jdj if someone supplied the barrels. But im not into that tube gun look. Still 50 bmg is a whole lotta boom. And we have a range here the owner is a avid 50 bmg shooter so he allows them on the range. His bmg though is a tac50 36" bull barrel cerakoted od green.watching all the videos they look real fun

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.