Full Custom 300 RUM Completed!

Tumbleweed

Ok guys, it's been about six months since I figured out that my old barrel was shot out and I needed (finally got to) do something cool with this Remington. I just picked it up today from Straight Shooter Supply in North Bend, Oregon and WOW!! What a fantastic job Brady did on this one. The machining and finish are beautiful and his attention to detail is exactly what I was looking for. I'll be able to shoot it within a week or so. Here are the specs:

300 RUM with custom designed throating, 32" finished length Broughton 12.4 Heavy Palma 5C 1:9 twist barrel, APS medium painkiller, fully trued receiver and bolt, base screw holes opened to 8x40 and trued up, Holland pinned recoil lug, Jewel Trigger, Bobby Hart LRV thumbhole stock, 20MOA steel base and a complete Cerakote job. This rifle is set up to shoot the 230 Berger Hybrid Targets. Brady noted that the Broughton barrel was straight to .0001"!

IMG_20130829_182351.jpg
IMG_20130829_182305.jpg
IMG_20130829_182235.jpg
IMG_20130829_182322.jpg

nice rifle been looking at ideas for barrels . single shot only or magazine feed ?
should be killer what glass you going with

nice rifle been looking at ideas for barrels . single shot only or magazine feed ?
should be killer what glass you going with

It will be magazine fed. It has an extended Wyatt's magazine from before. Between the hybrid bergers and the throat design of this chamber, seating depth will not be nearly as critical as other rifles. At least that's the hope and theory :D
Believe it or not, I will be putting my 10x Shepherd back on for this year. I don't use the BDC reticle per say, I dial all of my elevation adjustments. The scope has served me very well on taking my first 1000+ yard bull a couple years ago and have even shot milk jugs at 1,630 yards using the Shepherd. It will wear a Vortex Viper PST 6.5-20 within the next couple years.

very nice, been interested in the wyatt box mag. is the external length of the wyatt different from the factory 700 mag ?

very nice, been interested in the wyatt box mag. is the external length of the wyatt different from the factory 700 mag ?

It is definately longer than the factory box. There is two different lengths available from Wyatts for the 700. Mine allows something like 3.880" overall length. There is a longer version available too. Go to their web site, the specs are all there.

yeah I just een that on midway im looking at the 4" box. what im interested in though if I use a choate stock they come with a filler for the bdl box to raise it up since the choate stock is blind mag like a adl. I wonder if I could just make my own filler for the 4" box but if I go with say a 338 norma mag I shouldn't need a different box.

yeah I just een that on midway im looking at the 4" box. what im interested in though if I use a choate stock they come with a filler for the bdl box to raise it up since the choate stock is blind mag like a adl. I wonder if I could just make my own filler for the 4" box but if I go with say a 338 norma mag I shouldn't need a different box.

A filler would be a pretty simple item. We just installed the 3.990" box in a Remington and it allows the 338 Lapua using 300 grain Bergers seated at 3.900" OAL with room to spare. The 338 Norma will be swimming in there.

That is the nicest looking 300 RUM I have ever seen. Like the grain and color of the stock in the close up!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.