Found Primers but are they too much $$$

Possibly, primer production has been switched to small primers to feed a huge primer/ammo demand for export to resist the evil genius Russian guy's aggression.
Then why are small primers of all types so easy to get? Same for large pistol which are out there if you want them. Some places even claim to have them ON SALE. There also lots of powders out there that nobody seems to want.

Sportsmansden.com has some LRP ( fed 210's and rem 9 1/2's) right now for 79.99. Hazmat and shipping are pretty high but if you buy enough you can get it down to about 10.00 per K which ends up cheaper then most places right now.
Looks like you have to create an account to even estimate a cost. Probably have to buy at least 5K to get cost to around $100/K with shipping sales tax and hazmat.

Check Natchez today if you need some powder. They have a 10% off code on their homepage. It'll help a little bit.

Is Midwest Powders for real?
$80 free shipping for 1000 primers????
Too good to be true.

Is Midwest Powders for real?
$80 free shipping for 1000 primers????
Too good to be true.

Google is your friend, but it seems that Midwest Powders is a scam site.

From the link....

"I purchased 8lb of midwest powders from American Reloading. I did not run into any issues with them. Didnt even have to pay hazmat."

The midwest powders sold by American Reloading must be some sort of military surplus and not the Midwest Powders referred to by the OP here.

The OP in the link seems to have done one thing right and that is when he used PayPal he used a credit card so when he did the chargeback his CC company refunded him [temporarily] and will take the money from PayPal which will pith them off royally. Paypal will probably eat the charge, but that buyer will probably lose his PP account or they may slap it with a negative balance.

Last edited:
I have been watching reloading components going up for years. Y'all remember when you couldn't buy a box of 22 shells. Then it was powder. Now it's primers. Unfortunately this is a very expensive game. On the other hand I can buy pistol rounds cheaper than I can reload them. I'm not telling anyone what or what not to buy but I don't see them getting any cheaper anytime soon.

Natchez has some CCI BR2's for $170 for a 1000.

Is this stupid high that I should avoid? I started shooting not to long ago and don't have as big of a stock as some you you guys. I am on my last 100 primers, so while this price is high should i get some because they have some?
I have seen MidSouth advertising them on sale.
Looks like the supply is coming back up.
Last week I walked in to Cabela's and bought a brick of 1,000 Remington 7 1/2 sr Bench $89.00
and a brick of CCI SP $99.00, and 2lbs of Winchester StaBal 6.5 for $44.95ea

I think things are looking up.

All of the folks complaining about shortages and high prices just encourages those with the power to do so to keep prices high and supplies scarce.

I've seen a lot more primers popping up and staying in stock longer. SR and Pistol primers are available everywhere. LR and LRM are still a little harder to find at what you call decent prices.

Recent Posts