Fouling shots

For you guys that do fouling shots:

Do you use the same rounds to foul your barrel that you are going to shoot for score?

Or do you use any round available for fouling purposI save all my handloads that have neck run out from 2-3 tho for fouling plinking rounds all match rounds hunting rounds are 1 tho or less

After cleaning, try short-stroking a patch soaked with Lock-Ease down your barrel. I've found that cold bore shots typically shoot with all the rest after doing this. If I don't do it, the cold bore shot will be around .25" higher and very slightly right. This is the first 3 out of a clean barrel on an LPR 6.5 SAUM....

View attachment 473800
Just started doing this. To early to tell.

I will add here that I don't have barrels that walk shots between being clean or fouled…I had ONE such barrel that was horrendous for spraying bullets everywhere for about 30 shots after every cleaning. I sent that one down the road.
If you have a barrel that shoots into your average aggregate for 2 matches worth of shooting, then you have a perfect barrel.
Only time this may change is if you have to change bullets or powder, which happened to me in 2019/20, rifle would not hold agg after that change, believe it was bullet change. I also HBN coat my target bullets, so cleaning is easier and far less jacket fouling.

Cheers.