Ford 7.3 diesel question

Mines never been to bad to me.
Lost a injection pump and lift pump on my 02' before it got totaled.
Clutch and ball joints and one injection line on my 04'
Two injection lines, ball joints, and a torque converter on my 06'
My 12 valve was AWESOME! 770hp and 1225lb-ft. On the dyno! Just sold it not to long ago. :(
Current is a recently acquired 00' 2500 with the fairly rare "Mexican block" that has never been chipped or had any power adders other than a exhaust.

Thats the thing with the 7.3L. With good maintenance it can go a long time. Good maintenance goes a long ways with any engine. And another thing that helps is how fast the miles are put on.
I had a 7.3 with 289k and it ran good yet. I also have a 6.4 with 275k and it runs good yet.

I had the original 7.3. Indirect injected with a mechanical injector pump and nozzles (pre 1994). Those were excellent engines. Just give em a new pump and set of nozzles (about $500-$800 for remans) every 150k and they'd happily churn out their 180 hp all day without fuss.

The good old IDI 7.3L. I always wanted one. But never got one. Still got the 7.3 Powerstroke though. Had it for 10 years now.

mines been on lots of adventures
PC170020.JPG

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.