Ford Truck History

twoseventywin

Hey guys, going to look at a new super duty in a few days. Of coarse since im a Ky boy and Ky proud I decided on a Ky built truck. Im also interested in fixing up a classic truck, so I figured id look for an old f250.

Does anyone know where I could find some info on when the f250s began being built in Louisville? Ive searched google and even some ford truck forums but haven't had any luck. I know at one point in time they even built cars in lousville, like 40s and 50s, even as far back at model T's.

Have you tried Ford Truck Enthusiasts? I think its Ford-trucks.com
There are guys on that site that are human encyclopedias about all things Ford.

Hey! You must be my brother from another mother :D

Here's a little encouragement for you, picked her up on the 18th.

2015 SuperDuty.jpg

t

I would recommend staying away from the 2004-2007 6.0 liter diesel. Had an 07 and nothing but problems with the fuel injection system. 54,000 miles and was in 3 times for the same thing. Got rid of it for the Ecoboost.

I had fantastic luck with 2002 KY built ford. 289,000 miles and counting. Did nothing but pulling trailers. Tried to get my new one but the aluminum ones are coming from Detroit. Finally got my finish data of the 24th. Good luck with your quest, and be sure to keep us up to date.

Run like hell if someone tries to sell you an older 6.0 diesel. Myself and two buddies owned them (2004, 2005 and 2006). All three blew head gaskets becuase of overpressurized cylinders and EGR Cooler plugged. Cost around $6000 to repair. Ford would not recognize that they had a design issue with this motor and would do nothing. Lots of folks had this problem.

Run like hell if someone tries to sell you an older 6.0 diesel. Myself and two buddies owned them (2004, 2005 and 2006). All three blew head gaskets becuase of overpressurized cylinders and EGR Cooler plugged. Cost around $6000 to repair. Ford would not recognize that they had a design issue with this motor and would do nothing. Lots of folks had this problem.

Egr delete and ditch the variable geometry turbo black onyx head gaskets and arp head studs and the 6.0 becomes almost as reliable as the old 7.3

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.