Ford 7.3 diesel question

ShtrRdy

I have a 2000 F-250 with the 7.3 Powerstroke. As the miles add up I'm going to need to address problems as they come up. Do you have a favorite online forum that you belong to for help?

Thanks -- Todd

I have a 2000 F-250 with the 7.3 Powerstroke. As the miles add up I'm going to need to address problems as they come up. Do you have a favorite online forum that you belong to for help?

Thanks -- Todd
Thedieselstop.com has been around longer than any of them.

Powerstroke army. Or powerstroke nation. About in that order to. I like Powerstroke Army the best. These to have the best info.

Powerstroke army might be young. But it also has some of the least drama.

The 7.3L Powerstroke is a very easy Diesel to work on. When you compare it to the new diesel and spend time under there hood. The 7.3L is very simple to get in and out od. Even more so in the OBS pickups.

We will leave the heat to you. Typically easy but like everything they have some pretty dirt bag moves to pull. Generally speaking if you keep up on your oil services, fuel filter and its a pet peeve of mine....I hate to see the cheapest oil filter a person can find stuck to their engine......the obligatory 7.3 oil leaks. The thing will typically last a long time. More often than not soon as any rough idle starts that smooth out later, down on power, down on mpg, it will be a need for a set of injectors. As stated they are pretty simple(ish).

99 7.3
IMG_0124.JPG

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.