Fluted Carbon Fiber Barrel

As far as integrity I can only say it shoots great so far.
I could be mistaken but I am thinking this was fluted by barrel maker.

I think that is sexy as heck - i am curious if there is any impact to the integrity of the carbon fiber? Horizon firearms fluted that for you?

This was what I was wondering too? I've never heard of anyone fluting a carbon fiber barrel. I wonder what that does to the integrity of the carbon fiber/resin if it makes it weaker? I do know that HCA barrel the carbon fiber can be machines that the muzzle brake tightened right up against it but I never heard of anyone fluting through the CF down to the metal.

Or maybe it's not through the carbon fiber maybe it's just deep enough to give it the fluted look?

As far as integrity I can only say it shoots great so far.
I could be mistaken but I am thinking this was fluted by barrel maker.

Dang - if Proof is fluting their barrels sign me up. I called and talked to them earlier this week about a barrel for a 280 AI and they never mentioned that.

If you look at horizon's instagram page they show a pic of the unpainted fluted barrel and then one of the finished product that went to the OP. They state this is a test barrel in the comment section, so i am guessing they fluted it. It will be interesting to see how this holds up over time

If you look at horizon's instagram page they show a pic of the unpainted fluted barrel and then one of the finished product that went to the OP. They state this is a test barrel in the comment section, so i am guessing they fluted it. It will be interesting to see how this holds up over time

Yes I put a link to that Instagram page so you could see before and after back on first page of this post. I do know it's the first one and yes it's experimental but I am thinking not the last one that's done.

I have seen a fluted carbon fiber barrel before

Bsf does a skip fluting and round dot flute but that diamond flute looks familiar

BSF aren't wrapped barrels, they are a CF tube around the steel that is under tension. Ive seen them but never tried one personally.

BSF aren't wrapped barrels, they are a CF tube around the steel that is under tension. Ive seen them but never tried one personally.
Technically, yes as they have an air space between the barrel and cf tube-- but they are still referred to as "cf barrels" which is why I brought them up.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.