First Time to 1 mile

So I recently had a 7 prc which was a awesome rifle but I just like my 7 saum better so I decided to post my 7 prc for trade for a 338 lapua or 300 norma and a guy offered to trade me this Cadex 300 prc with only 40 shots fired. It's a 1-8 twist 26" Bartlien barrel that they use scope for now is zeiss V4 6-24 zmoa reticle . My goal was to shoot 245 EOL bergers.
So loaded some 245 to 0.020" off and charged it with retumbo and headed to the range
First time out had a quarter MOA load , went home a few days later confirmed the Load and it shot the same as the first day. View attachment 527570
The guy I work for has a Cadex 6.5 Creedmore he asked me to sight in. My first experience with that caliber or Cadex rifles. Once zeroed that gun with Hornady ammo shot three 10 shot groups at 200 yards that measured 1/2". That's one of the most consistently accurate rifles I've ever shot.

The guy I work for has a Cadex 6.5 Creedmore he asked me to sight in. My first experience with that caliber or Cadex rifles. Once zeroed that gun with Hornady ammo shot three 10 shot groups at 200 yards that measured 1/2". That's one of the most consistently accurate rifles I've ever shot.
That's awesome , Im sure mine would do the same. I'd say hands down the most consistent and predictable rifle I've ever shot/owned. Confirming my load It shot groups like this back to back.
A0C0B935-6E50-4D3B-93C9-B8257147FB2E.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats and welcome to the club! I was pretty pumped when I hit a mile with my 6.5 PRC. Especially since it was with my own handloads. IMO, shooting that far really tests your equipment and your shooting abilities.
Going to attempt 2000 yards tomorrow because the weather is turning cold after that.
I will keep you posted on my success🤞