First Time @ 700!

scsims

Still shooting the 168 gr SMKs till I run out. Thought I'd push it back to 700 yards. I had a very light wind blowing at about 200 degrees. I dialed the scope up 17.5 MOA and 1.5 MOA to the left. First cold bore shot fell to the left of center and a little high. The next 2 hit low and still left of center 6 " group counting the cold bore shot.

I adjusted about .4 MOA up and dailed back to about 1 MOA left and shot 3 more. These fell a little high in a 5.335" goup . Adjusted again Shot 3 more but the wind had picked up and this group was about 7".

This is about as far as I can shoot with out finding another farm.

IMG_20120515_110233.jpg

IMG_20120516_143142.jpg

IMG_20120516_143152.jpg

HMMMM....Just lookin at your targets. This is hunting sight. Your intended "game" looks like it could be considered a "dangerous game animal". :D :D :D How much are tags? Is there a lottery or can you buy them over the counter. :D

" I swear officer...I thought he had a gun....and..he was comming strait at me (from 701 yards away)...I thought my life was in danger"!!!

Sorry..I couldn't resist!!

No problem...... I was just trying to find a bigger target as I push out further so I could see the errors of wind better. These seem to work, got them at Wal-Mart.

Im about to go to 700, once ny rifle is back from the smithy, and will be happy as sh@t if i do that good

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.